Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any smart circuit breakers/panels for individual circuit monitoring?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any smart circuit breakers/panels for individual circuit monitoring?

    Is there anything that monitors every breaker in my circuit panels (have a couple) so we can monitor usage on a per breaker level? We use a lot of electricity and its pretty hard to determine how much things are costing us and where we can improve. If I can narrow down to area of house or just monitor large appliances that have their own breaker (HVAC, Range, etc) it'll really help determine what we can improve vs what is normal. I've tried sense but it only monitors one breaker and I really don't trust what it discovers.

  • #2
    I'd recommend the GEM from Brultech: http://www.brultech.com/greeneye/. There are one or two plugins that work with it.

    Leviton just announced a smart panel: https://www.leviton.com/en/products/...l/load-centers. It's not out yet and integration with HS is unknown at this time.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      I'd recommend the GEM from Brultech: http://www.brultech.com/greeneye/. There are one or two plugins that work with it.

      Leviton just announced a smart panel: https://www.leviton.com/en/products/...l/load-centers. It's not out yet and integration with HS is unknown at this time.
      Thanks, I was trying not to fill the panel with those CTs on every wire. The levitron looks promising but it seems it uses wifi for every breaker, I really hope its some internal wifi and not going to add 80 IPs on my home network to manage, also seems a bit overkilll when they could of just put a sensor wire on it that connected to a hub box. Guess i'll have to put this on hold for a bit until its released and hope pricing isn't outrageous. Would love HS3 integration but not really necessary

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by justinm001 View Post

        Thanks, I was trying not to fill the panel with those CTs on every wire. The levitron looks promising but it seems it uses wifi for every breaker, I really hope its some internal wifi and not going to add 80 IPs on my home network to manage, also seems a bit overkilll when they could of just put a sensor wire on it that connected to a hub box. Guess i'll have to put this on hold for a bit until its released and hope pricing isn't outrageous. Would love HS3 integration but not really necessary
        I would second the GEM...

        In my recent discussions with Leviton they are definitely on the Wifi bandwagon and all about the cloud currently. So I wouldn't be surprised if this new "smart panel" is going to be wifi and push data to their app/servers that will then have to be accessed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by justinm001 View Post

          Thanks, I was trying not to fill the panel with those CTs on every wire. The levitron looks promising but it seems it uses wifi for every breaker, I really hope its some internal wifi and not going to add 80 IPs on my home network to manage, also seems a bit overkilll when they could of just put a sensor wire on it that connected to a hub box. Guess i'll have to put this on hold for a bit until its released and hope pricing isn't outrageous. Would love HS3 integration but not really necessary
          I agree the leviton panel looks very cool. From the brochure It looked like the breakers connect to an interior hub at the bottom of the panel. I suspect only 1 IP gets added to your network. Wouldn't surprise me if that interior hub then connects to a cloud server which would be a huge turn off for me. I actually recently had my panel replaced. A whole day project by a qualified electrician. CT's are most definitely easier to add after market than replacing a whole panel.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by justinm001 View Post
            Would love HS3 integration but not really necessary
            They have HomeSee integration https://www.brultech.com/data-host/#opt

            Anyone using this that can comment on how well it works?

            Comment


            • #7
              I installed a GEM in 2014. It is great, reliable and accurate. I use UltraJones’ plug-in and it is also very good.

              I wrote about it here.

              Installing the CTs for all 32 channels was not difficult at all.
              Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

              Comment


              • #8
                Here is some of my GEM data in a Grafana webpage

                Click image for larger version

Name:	Brultech screen shot.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1295070

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  I installed a GEM in 2014. It is great, reliable and accurate. I use UltraJones’ plug-in and it is also very good.

                  I wrote about it here.

                  Installing the CTs for all 32 channels was not difficult at all.
                  I check out your post on these and they are very nice indeed. Something I might add later although it would take two panels in my house. Glad to see the sensors have 2 meter leads which will help my install due to have my panels are split.
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.531 | Mono JIT compiler version 5.20.1.19 (tarball Thu Apr 11 09:02:17 UTC 2019)
                  Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-48-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 3 08:28:49 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                  IP Address: 10.0.2.16 | Number of Devices: 417 | Number of Events: 667 | Available Threads: 399 | HSTouch Enabled: True

                  Enabled Plug-Ins: AirplaySpeak: 3.0.0.13 | BLBackup: 2.0.61.0 | EasyTrigger: 3.0.0.65 | LiftMaster MyQ: 1.3.7006.42100
                  mcsMQTT: 4.0.2.2 | PHLocation2: 3.0.0.53 | Pushover 3P: 0.0.0.45 | Z-Wave: 3.0.1.262

                  Z-Net version: 1.0.23 using a HomeSeer SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3)

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X