Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any smart circuit breakers/panels for individual circuit monitoring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any smart circuit breakers/panels for individual circuit monitoring?

Is there anything that monitors every breaker in my circuit panels (have a couple) so we can monitor usage on a per breaker level? We use a lot of electricity and its pretty hard to determine how much things are costing us and where we can improve. If I can narrow down to area of house or just monitor large appliances that have their own breaker (HVAC, Range, etc) it'll really help determine what we can improve vs what is normal. I've tried sense but it only monitors one breaker and I really don't trust what it discovers.

I'd recommend the GEM from Brultech: http://www.brultech.com/greeneye/. There are one or two plugins that work with it.

Leviton just announced a smart panel: https://www.leviton.com/en/products/...l/load-centers. It's not out yet and integration with HS is unknown at this time.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      I'd recommend the GEM from Brultech: http://www.brultech.com/greeneye/. There are one or two plugins that work with it.

Leviton just announced a smart panel: https://www.leviton.com/en/products/...l/load-centers. It's not out yet and integration with HS is unknown at this time.
      Thanks, I was trying not to fill the panel with those CTs on every wire. The levitron looks promising but it seems it uses wifi for every breaker, I really hope its some internal wifi and not going to add 80 IPs on my home network to manage, also seems a bit overkilll when they could of just put a sensor wire on it that connected to a hub box. Guess i'll have to put this on hold for a bit until its released and hope pricing isn't outrageous. Would love HS3 integration but not really necessary

Comment

Originally posted by justinm001 View Post

Thanks, I was trying not to fill the panel with those CTs on every wire. The levitron looks promising but it seems it uses wifi for every breaker, I really hope its some internal wifi and not going to add 80 IPs on my home network to manage, also seems a bit overkilll when they could of just put a sensor wire on it that connected to a hub box. Guess i'll have to put this on hold for a bit until its released and hope pricing isn't outrageous. Would love HS3 integration but not really necessary
        I would second the GEM...

In my recent discussions with Leviton they are definitely on the Wifi bandwagon and all about the cloud currently. So I wouldn't be surprised if this new "smart panel" is going to be wifi and push data to their app/servers that will then have to be accessed.

Comment

I agree the leviton panel looks very cool. From the brochure It looked like the breakers connect to an interior hub at the bottom of the panel. I suspect only 1 IP gets added to your network. Wouldn't surprise me if that interior hub then connects to a cloud server which would be a huge turn off for me. I actually recently had my panel replaced. A whole day project by a qualified electrician. CT's are most definitely easier to add after market than replacing a whole panel.

HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
          Number of Devices: 1005
          Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Would love HS3 integration but not really necessary
            They have HomeSee integration https://www.brultech.com/data-host/#opt

Anyone using this that can comment on how well it works?

Comment

I installed a GEM in 2014. It is great, reliable and accurate. I use UltraJones’ plug-in and it is also very good.

I wrote about it here.

Installing the CTs for all 32 channels was not difficult at all.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Here is some of my GEM data in a Grafana webpage

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brultech screen shot.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1295070

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  I installed a GEM in 2014. It is great, reliable and accurate. I use UltraJones’ plug-in and it is also very good.

I wrote about it here.

Installing the CTs for all 32 channels was not difficult at all.
                  I check out your post on these and they are very nice indeed. Something I might add later although it would take two panels in my house. Glad to see the sensors have 2 meter leads which will help my install due to have my panels are split.
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                  Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                  Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                  3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                  4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                  3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                  SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
                  X