Best way to Link Devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to Link Devices?

What is the best way to link devices, there seems to be a few ways now? Mostly thinking about Light switches/dimmers and accessory switches (Have cooper switches and dimmers). Seems like the 3 ways to do this, I have realised I am using all three types depending on when the device was setup and my knowledge. These are what Iā€™m using for linking.
    1. Linked Device ā€“ Configuration tab
    2. Association ā€“ Zwave tab
    3. Event (not using for Dimmers)
    I want the devices to remain in sync (especially dim level). Is there one that is best practice? Better for performance? Sync? Lag?

Just wondering what other people have found.

Thanks,

CamCorp You might just want to look at this recent thread which covered these topics: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...guide-anywhere

Comment

In addition, take a look at this video.

Robert

HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I wonder what function (
        1. Linked Device ā€“ Configuration tab)
        is calling internally?

Comment

1. I can suggest you two options CPsLinks ( more userfriendly) and easy trigger ( more granularity if you need it )

1. bsobel plugin : -CPSLinks- http://download.casapiedrasoftware.i...r_override.txt which DON'T use the event engine. Download the updater_override.txt and put it into you /HomeSeer folder.
          Then on the update plugin page go at the bottum ... then click on ''additionnal interface. And you should see the plugin next aftewr ''local '' tab I think.
          NB: I really do think the author should make a release on this one.

I believe you do not need example with this plugin...as it is very intuitive.

2. spud plugin : -EasyTrigger - which DO use the event engine.
          See picture:

Which means , when device ''test 1, is updated to any value then, make devices ''test 2,3 and 4'' to same value. Whatever the value is ( in this case 0-100)

This is a easy way to have one device to control multiple device ( one way control) . You can also do it just for one device.

Next post I will do the same thing but with a group of devices

Attached Files

Comment

Here, the outcome will be exactly the same... but you use the group function of easy trigger . And you have to enter a replacement variable ( which in this case is the reference number of the device ''test 1''.

replace ''19'' with your device reference number.

---

So anytime a value is set on device ''test 1'' all the device in the group ''test group'' will be updated with the same value as ''test 1''

Log:
            Code:
             [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
            [TR]
            [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Mar-20 23:12:21[/COLOR][/TD]
             			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/TD]
             			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device Control[/COLOR][/TD]
             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Unknown Unknown test 4 to 78 % (80) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [TR]
             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Unknown Unknown test 3 to 78 % (80) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [TR]
             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Unknown Unknown test 2 to 78 % (80) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [TR]
             			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Event[/COLOR][/TD]
             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Event Trigger "Bathroom Group test one way link"[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [TR]
             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Unknown Unknown test 1 to (value) % (80) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            Attached Files

Comment

Next , if you want to do two way sync with two devices. Both plugins will work. CPSLinks is more user friendly again.

I'll show you how to do it with easy trigger soon. Little bit tired here :P

Comment

jvm, langenet,@MattL0 Thank you all for this info. Im going to post in https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...guide-anywhere to keep info in that discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by CamCorp View Post
                  jvm, langenet,@MattL0 Thank you all for this info. Im going to post in https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...o-link-devices to keep info in that discussion.
                  this url point into this thread :P

If I was autistic, i would have been strapped into a loop

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

this url point into this thread :P

If I was autistic, i would have been strapped into a loop
                    Haha Wrong Copy/Paste. Fixed it for you, be free.

Comment

Working...
                    X