New plugins priorities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    I'm not sure, how to provide event time/date to HS? To be able to trigger.... Parsing the device string isn't too convenient. May be a separate device for each event?
    I don't know either. Will think about it too.

Will you provide a real calendar, ex in a config page ? and update it with google info ?

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
      What I thought in the beginning was to show 5-10 events per calardar/per day. Adding a generic group with all event would be beneficial to some people i think.

1-Do not create that generic group
      2- Let use chose what calendar can be part of this group ( ex: i just want my GF and my calendar to be part of this. )
      3- make it generic for all calendars
      In calendar main config page I display all found calendars with checboxes for each -
      1. Display upcoming events group (configurable number 0-10)
      2. Display in Today group
      3. Display in Tomorrow gropup

Comment

Will you provide a real calendar, ex in a config page ? and update it with google info ?
        I didn't have this planed - it's a lot of work - but it's just a duplicate of Google Calendar site. Also it has to be kept up-to-date with Google changes. I think it's unnecessary.
        What I did plan - for each event when you click on it - show all event details.

Comment

Yes that's great

Comment

I didn't have this planed - it's a lot of work - but it's just a duplicate of Google Calendar site. Also it has to be kept up-to-date with Google changes. I think it's unnecessary.
            What I did plan - for each event when you click on it - show all event details.
            Just a note and something i think Blade has been dealing with a lot over the years. Google just changes their APIs without notice. So, know that if you go down this path, it may not be an easy one. That said, I wouldn't mind a calendar plugin that I can add events to and use as a device. For instance a Device for "School day" that is turned on if a specific event is present on a given day. Another one is reading calendars and doing a morning announcement of events or "Frank, you better leave for your doctor's appointment, it is in 30 minutes!"

(I think I can do this in BLGData, but I want one that will work with multiple accounts and I could never get that to work with BLGData)

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              Just a note and something i think Blade has been dealing with a lot over the years. Google just changes their APIs without notice. So, know that if you go down this path, it may not be an easy one.
              I'm using Google .NET API library, so it's pretty nice and easy. i.e. to get list of calendars:
              Code:
              CalendarListResource.ListRequest request = service.CalendarList.List();
              return Execute(request);
              Where Execute(request) is my little wrapper, but still, easy.

There's also ability to subscribe to changes - instead of constant polling - but it needs a callback url, can we do it somehow using HS built in webserver?

Comment

Thanks guys for the input, I really need use cases to implement something useful, not just base on my own requirements.
                So please provide any ideas, you have a chance to shape the future

Comment

but it needs a callback url, can we do it somehow using HS built in webserver?
                  if possible that would be nice !

Comment

Thanks guys for the input, I really need use cases to implement something useful, not just base on my own requirements.
                    So please provide any ideas, you have a chance to shape the future
                    Can't you do a resume, to keep track of what you adopted etc, to be more in sync lol..
                    Thanks,
                    Matt

Comment

My main question - how people want to trigger events for CG entries?

Comment

-Based on x time before and after the gc event. (Tags/regex would be appropriated I think)
                        -based on how many events In the days\tomorow.

this is what comes to my mind for now

Comment

Haha
                          You mean like this : https://support.apple.com/kb/ph2672?locale=en_GB ?

Eman.
                          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I've got a simple idea about triggering events - since the "Calendar Event" device currently only uses the Device String to display the event text, but the device value isn't used - I can use it for triggering, i.e. normally it's set to 0, but for each "reminder" time set in Google Calendar - I can set the device value to the reminder number, i.e. for two reminders - 3, 2, and 1 for the event time itself.

What do you think?

Comment

However I'm using the device value currently set to the calendar number, so it picks the correct calendar colour:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	302.0 KB ID:	1295626

Comment

I've got a simple idea about triggering events - since the "Calendar Event" device currently only uses the Device String to display the event text, but the device value isn't used - I can use it for triggering, i.e. normally it's set to 0, but for each "reminder" time set in Google Calendar - I can set the device value to the reminder number, i.e. for two reminders - 3, 2, and 1 for the event time itself.

What do you think?
                                I am not quite sure to follow .

What i think I understand is when a GC event has pssed, the next gc event will take his place in the hs3 device.

so when we want to trigger something we set the value of a device?

edit : ok sorry , I got it . But if the events rotates in hs3 form device to devices..how would it works?

if i want a trigger happen every time an gc event contains the word ‘’doctor’’. And this 1 days before the event . How will this be implemented?

Comment

Working...
                                X