No announcement yet.

New plugins priorities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, All what kideon said. + all what i said before.

Make this THE calendar plugin :P This is an hole in HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
      There was a calendar plugin that the author doesn’t support anymore.
      Yeah, I looked at that - it's not connected to Google calendar, it's internal HS implementation, which I reckon is re-inventing a wheel.
      Originally posted by kideon View Post
      I’d love to have holidays, seasons, bdays, recycling days etc automatically integrated
      How do you want to use them in HS? i.e. "recycling days"?
      I can display upcoming events, but how else you could use "recycling days" - unless your wheelie bin has a motor and Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
        Yeah, I looked at that - it's not connected to Google calendar, it's internal HS implementation, which I reckon is re-inventing a wheel.
        How do you want to use them in HS? i.e. "recycling days"?
        I can display upcoming events, but how else you could use "recycling days" - unless your wheelie bin has a motor and Z-Wave
        I would love to have a robot to take my garbage out to the street!

HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
        Number of Devices: 1005
        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
          And with the addition of devices for something like the 10 next GC events, in ten differents devices. Or another way to to it (One device per GC day)
          So, what's the preferred option?

- One device per event?
          - One device per day?

Or I can do both.

What about supporting multiple calendars? Or just default "Primary" is sufficient? I guess people will want multiple calendars - because you then can have holidays, birthdays, etc.
          But then what about above devices? One per calendar per event? I was thinking creating root device for each calendar, then 10 child devices for each event.

Having one device per event is nice because then in device settings (when you click on the device) I could display more event details.

Comment

And one great feature would be to create a calendar event from HS event. I.e. when HS starts - the event is added to the calendar.

Comment

I’ll reply tomorow

Comment

How about

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	61
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	1294923

Comment

How about

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	329.0 KB ID:	1294923
                  Yes that is perfect ! ( for the devices part). I think ''the number GC events per day'' should be user configurable? If a user want 5 days and 15 events per days for example. Or if one user want only 1 days and 20 events. etc.

When an GC event finish, will all the GC events change in the upper device? ( just need to add better icons I think aha)

for the rest see my #10 post

Comment

So, what's the preferred option?

- One device per event?
                    - One device per day?

Or I can do both.

What about supporting multiple calendars? Or just default "Primary" is sufficient? I guess people will want multiple calendars - because you then can have holidays, birthdays, etc.
                    But then what about above devices? One per calendar per event? I was thinking creating root device for each calendar, then 10 child devices for each event.

Having one device per event is nice because then in device settings (when you click on the device) I could display more event details.
                    Multiple calendar is a must I think!

those are all my GC calendar , just FYI
                    Attached Files

Comment

I am looking forward to see how you calendar plugin will pan out. I have made one for just making events.

Comment

And one great feature would be to create a calendar event from HS event. I.e. when HS starts - the event is added to the calendar.
                        YES

So the ability to add GC event to GC from hs3 event. So I could make a google hs3 callendar, which would ''remember'' important things from hs. !! ( Like a startup, a broken windows, etc etc)

Comment

I use google for my personal calendar but don’t want to fill it up with HA stuff but I do want HomeSeer to be blue to do things based on holidays seasons events etc. Using todo isn’t currently for reminders since that also works with Alexa and has an API. Also using office 365 for work. Google pulls in social media events like from Facebook. I guess I do want HomeSeer to access everything for whatever use cases I can come up with.

Comment

[QUOTE=MattL0;n1294973]Multiple calendar is a must I think![QUOTE]
                            Matt, the screenshot I posted shows multiple calendars, i.e. AU holidays and Contacts. Number of upcoming events is configurable per calendar (default 5)

I might create another group which will show all calendar events for today (and another group for tomorrow).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture - Copy.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1295115

Comment

I'm not sure, how to provide event time/date to HS? To be able to trigger.... Parsing the device string isn't too convenient. May be a separate device for each event?

Comment

haa ok sorry , i get it now.

Matt, the screenshot I posted shows multiple calendars, i.e. AU holidays and Contacts. Number of upcoming events is configurable per calendar (default 5)
                                NICE!

I might create another group which will show all calendar events for today (and another group for tomorrow).
                                Yes no choice I think.

What I thought in the beginning was to show 5-10 events per calardar/per day. Adding a generic group with all event would be beneficial to some people i think.

1-Do not create that generic group
                                2- Let use chose what calendar can be part of this group ( ex: i just want my GF and my calendar to be part of this. )
                                3- make it generic for all calendars

Comment

Working...
                                X