Urgent Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Help Needed

Today my whole system is down. When I look at devices I see a few lights and a door sensor and that's about it. Many lights are missing, missing security system, sprinkler system, HSA motion detectors, etc, etc.
    And all events are missing.
    When I look at the Data directory, I see my config file is only 264 kb. There is also a config file XXX.hsd.bad that is 2934 kb.
    Can anyone help me get things running again. I see a lot of other config files xxx_1.hsd, xxx.last.hsd, etc but they are all only about 200 kb and all have today's date.
    Can anyone help me get things going again,
    Thanx

I'm in the middle of dealing with something similar.

Several days ago all the data in insteon config disappeared, now that I replaced that in config, my devices only appear in Insteon Plugin Device manager but not in HS Device list.

Don't know all the other issues going on, as I only worked on it for an hour.

Bad part for me, the backup plugin wasn't configured correct so I have no recent backups. Blahhh

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

There was one file with the correct config name but with a bad extension (xxx.hsd.bad) I renamed this deleting the .bad and it seems to have restored some stuff. But some is missing.
      There are multiple errors like this in the log:

Z-Wave Creation of Z-Wave plug-in object from HomeSeer data was successful.
      Z-Wave Warning HomeSeer device 13-HVAC Garage Operating State indicates it is owned by this plug-in but no device exists in this plug-in to match it - attempting to create it from the HomeSeer device information.

In some cases the device shows up in the device mgt page and can be controlled. But in other cases the device doesn't even show on the dev mgt page.

Help. What caused this? Why was the config file name changed to have ..bad extension? Where did the devices go???

Comment

Funny, I just rolled back my .hsd file too. That restored all my Insteon device in HS Device management.

Now I gotta see if there's any other effects. Hopefully not, but I'll see when I get home. :-/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HSPro: 3.0.0.194
        PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
        HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
          When I look at the Data directory, I see my config file is only 264 kb. There is also a config file XXX.hsd.bad that is 2934 kb.
          If I understand you, there are no files like these in your data directory. Is that correct?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Backup.PNG Views:	1 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	1296851

Do you make regular backups of your HS folder and subfolders?
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

With a quick look, I think everything is back except two thermostats. They had the same error message and statement that creation of the object was successful, but they don't show in the device mgt page. The thermostat nodes do seem to be in the HS z-net node info list.

Will I have to delete these from the z-net and start over. Hate to do this because I have multiple events controlling the HVAC.

Comment

There are at least a dozen .hsd files. But they are all dated today and are all about 200 kb. If these are supposed to be backups, they shouldn't all be from the current day. Unfortunately I've been away and my latest backup is quite a while ago. I guess I'll have to automate backing up the directories. BLBackup used to do it but now it just gives
              this error:

BLBackup Error DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.CompactDatabase(): DatabasePathAndName: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\BLBackup\BLBackup.mdb

BLBackup Error DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.CompactDatabase(): An error has occurred during compacting of the database: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {CD7791B9-43FD-42C5-AE42-8DD2811F0419} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
              Apr-03 3:21:36 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin BLBackup started successfully in 58 milliseconds

Comment

What version of homeseer are you running on what version of OS? I do not have any words of wisdom, just want to make sure that I do not have the same setup and expect the same thing.

Comment

There are at least a dozen .hsd files. But they are all dated today and are all about 200 kb. If these are supposed to be backups, they shouldn't all be from the current day. Unfortunately I've been away and my latest backup is quite a while ago.
                  HS makes a backup copy of the database every time it starts. If you restarted multiple times in one day, I would not be surprised to see multiple backup database files.

BLBackup used to do it but now it just gives this error:

BLBackup Error DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.CompactDatabase(): DatabasePathAndName: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\BLBackup\BLBackup.mdb

BLBackup Error DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.CompactDatabase(): An error has occurred during compacting of the database: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {CD7791B9-43FD-42C5-AE42-8DD2811F0419} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
                  Apr-03 3:21:36 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin BLBackup started successfully in 58 milliseconds
                  This would be a good question to pose in Blade's help desk on his web site. (See his signature line for the link.)

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Windows 7 and HS 3.0.0.500. Apparently HS can just change the name of my config file to xxx.hsd.bad and replace it with another that has80-90% of the devices missing from the device mgt page. I changed the name back and loaded it and it's better. But it's still missing a bunch of devices. Some show up in the z-net node list but not as hs devices.
                    HOW CAN HS DO THIS. And there were multiple .hsd files in the data directory that I would think would be backups. But they are all dated the same day-the day of the problem. What good is that.
                    So far, no one has offered any reason this could happen or offered much in the way of help to restore things. If devices are in the z-net list and not in HS, how do I fix it?>?????

Comment

More on the hsd files... I restarted my server last on Sunday Mar 31 and see an hsd file reflecting this - LangeNetData_2.hsd rhsda 17227 3/31/2019 3:01:36 PM.
                      However, I also see LangeNetData_1.hsd rhsda 17227 3/24/2019 10:16:35 AM but I figured the _1 would be the most recent with the exception of what is current as LangeNetData.last.hsd a 4599 4/4/2019 9:56:43 AM.

This is confusing... Anyone else seeing this or is it because I specified a name for the db file?

Running .500 on Win2k16 as a service.

HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Apparently HS can just change the name of my config file to xxx.hsd.bad and replace it with another that has80-90% of the devices missing from the device mgt page. I changed the name back and loaded it and it's better. But it's still missing a bunch of devices. Some show up in the z-net node list but not as hs devices.
                        HOW CAN HS DO THIS. And there were multiple .hsd files in the data directory that I would think would be backups. But they are all dated the same day-the day of the problem. What good is that.
                        AFAIK HS does not change the name of the hsd file except to make a backup by appending a '_N' to the name. Are you sure you did not replace your database file in the past and change the name of the damaged file at that time?

So far, no one has offered any reason this could happen. . .
                        Win 7 had a force update recently as part of MS effort to "encourage" people to stop using it. Sometimes HS doesn't close it's database properly under those circumstances.

. . .or offered much in the way of help to restore things. If devices are in the z-net list and not in HS, how do I fix it?>?????
                        Sorry, I don't use Z-wave, so cannot offer any help on that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                          More on the hsd files... I restarted my server last on Sunday Mar 31 and see an hsd file reflecting this - LangeNetData_2.hsd rhsda 17227 3/31/2019 3:01:36 PM.
                          However, I also see LangeNetData_1.hsd rhsda 17227 3/24/2019 10:16:35 AM but I figured the _1 would be the most recent with the exception of what is current as LangeNetData.last.hsd a 4599 4/4/2019 9:56:43 AM.

This is confusing... Anyone else seeing this or is it because I specified a name for the db file?
                          HS will use the name you specify when it makes backup copies. The appended numbers are assigned consecutively, so initially, the highest number will be the most recent backup. However, after about 20, the backup numbering restarts, so after a while the numbers have no reliable correlation with age. The only reliable way to find the most recent is to sort them by date.

Comment

Okay.. Thanks for clearing that up. Most applications that I'm familiar with have the lowest number logging which is closet to the latest. Oh well... Date it is then.
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Note that you can specify the number of hsd backup copies in settings.ini. The maximum number is 50 which is what I have set. I also run a script to create a nightly copy of it, that way I can fo back to any day in the last 50 days (technically a few less days as I tend to restart HS every 10-20 days.
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                              X