Mitsubishi MelCloud integration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitsubishi MelCloud integration?

Has anyone done any work to integrate Homeseer with Mitsubishi's MelCloud (for Air Source Heat Pumps)?

Cheers
    Jez

If anyone is interested in integrating MelCloud into HS3, let me know. I'm certainly not a plugin developer but I have vb.net scripts that will read in data from MelCloud and allow you update the temperature setting.

Comment

Is that anything like the "kumo Cloud" mitsubishi has?

Comment

No but it looks like the API for KumoCloud has been reverse engineered on Github so it should be possible to interface it to Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post
          If anyone is interested in integrating MelCloud into HS3, let me know. I'm certainly not a plugin developer but I have vb.net scripts that will read in data from MelCloud and allow you update the temperature setting.
          Hi
          I am very interested. Is it possible to get the code from you.
          Best Regards Ronnie

Comment

I have made a plugin for HomeSeer. It is still very early alpha stage, but you could test it out.
            Google translated instructions
            https://translate.google.com/transla...mate-plugin%2F

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo69 View Post

Hi
              I am very interested. Is it possible to get the code from you.
              Best Regards Ronnie
              Hi Ronnie

I assume you have a MelCloud account already. My vb.net scripts are in the attached zip file.

1. The first thing to do is to get an authentication token. See the attached script MitsubishiGetAuthenticationToken.vb
              I write the token into a global variable "mitsubishi_token"

2. Next you need to use the token to get the building ID and device ID. See script MitsubishiGetIDandBuildingsID.vb
              My script writes these into "mitsubishi_buildingid" and "mitsubishi_deviceid"

3. Now you can get the data from MelCloud. See script MitsubishiGetData.vb
              The data is written into virtual devices

4. So far I only get Homeseer to set the temperature of the heating in zone 1 (we only have 1 zone) See script MitsubishiSetTemperature.vb
              I think that I will look into boosting the hot water next.

Note that I've not investigated the expiry time of the token. Everytime I want to retrieve the data or change the temperature setting I request a token and the IDs first which works nicely.

I found it really difficult to find any examples of how to do this in vb.net so hopefully this will be useful to you.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X