DeviceCompare plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeviceCompare plugin

Is anyone actively maintaining this plugin? I installed it a few minutes ago to test. My thought was to use this plug-in to compare the output of a humidity sensor in the bathroom with the humidity measurement of my main thermostat to decide if I need to run the bathroom fan. However, immediately after installing, my log began to be spammed with "DeviceCompare Debug debug: HSEvent triggered VALUE_SET" and "DeviceCompare Debug debug: HSEvent triggered VALUE_CHANGE" messages even though I'm not actually using the plugin for anything yet. I found a post from December 2018 where someone else had the same issue (linked below, assuming I did it right), but the solution was simply to disable the plugin, which defeats the point if you actually want to use it.

I was excited about using this plugin (though I was hoping for some additional comparison features someday), but I'm not sure I want it filling up my log with multiple messages per second. Does anyone use this? I didn't see any configuration page for this plug-in; perhaps it's my overall debug log settings?
    My HS3 log is filling with 3-4 of these per second and i'm not sure where it's coming from. A reboot didn't help.. Type/Error: DeviceCompareDebug

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_78445.png Views:	1 Size:	20.9 KB ID:	1298554

yes this plugin is intense on the log. All the function of this plugin are present in the Easy trigger plugin.

On the second picture you can manually set ( if this expression is true) . It has the same effect ( you might find it faster to use this method when you have a ton of devices to compare)

here '' <> '' means ''not equal to''
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome, thank you! I'll take a look at the Easy Trigger plugin then. That looks really promising!

Comment

Same issue. The plugin seems to have a Debug mode permanently set. There seems to be no configuration file where this might be turned off.
        Question is what's it doing in the updater if it's not supported and is essentially a PITA.

Edit: The source is available on github so it's probably just a matter of recompiling the plugin with debug mode turned off.
        Question is, who's responsible for the plugin?

Edit, Edit: Dog with a bone here. Author is Doctor MacKay (Alex Corn). Is he here?

May be a good chance for me to get familiar with Visual Studio.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Still have a lot to learn with VS, but recompiling the plugin in "Release" mode rather than "Debug" mode solved the problem with the log spamming.
          There were three remaining log entries I didn't like, so I just commented them out for now. Namely: "debug: Refreshed trigger list in xxx ms" (where xxx = a number) showed up about every 30 seconds. Gone.
          Handy little single function plugin for Free.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
            Still have a lot to learn with VS, but recompiling the plugin in "Release" mode rather than "Debug" mode solved the problem with the log spamming.
            There were three remaining log entries I didn't like, so I just commented them out for now. Namely: "debug: Refreshed trigger list in xxx ms" (where xxx = a number) showed up about every 30 seconds. Gone.
            Having the same issue with Log runaway. Would you be willing to share your fix on Github for those of us who don't and will not have access to VS? Would be much appreciated!!!

Comment

I wonder if this could do the same thing : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...ting-threshold

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I'm having it here too... Looks like the version for download is compiled wrong. Any chance Wadenut is going to make his recompiled version available?

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                  Wadenut Revisiting this... Any chance you can share the recompiled version of this plugin? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by davidcald View Post

Wadenut Revisiting this... Any chance you can share the recompiled version of this plugin? Thank you
                    Well, that was a long time ago. I don't it anything, and I've checked... there's nothing here. I think I may have abandoned this in favor of using EasyTrigger.

Comment

Working...
                    X