Troubleshooting help - constant reboots of HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshooting help - constant reboots of HS3

Hey all.. could use some guidance on what to check first. realized later today that HS3.exe was crashing then rebooting via Sentry. not sure when/why it started today... the only change I made to the system was to bind the IP to my HS3 install (I run it on a Windows 10 VM machine).

has worked flawlessly for months.... the only reason I tried it was the extra virtual adapter that is created via VM sometimes screws with the Sonos PI. (to make it work I have to disable that adapter - helped me figure that out many months ago.)

I finally got it to stop the circular reboots by first shutting down Hssentry, then restarted HS3, then killing Hssentry while it all started back up. Seems stable at the moment.

any ideas what I could check first?

thanks!
    Current Date/Time: 4/12/2019 5:17:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.500 (Windows)
    HomeSeer: Is Registered
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    OS Version: 10.0.17763 Service Pack: 0.0

I think I ran into the same bug. HSSentry was not respecting the gServerAddressBind= setting in the settings.ini file. So if you bound HS to IP1 there is a chance that HSSentry is checking IP2 and then forcing a reboot. Rich prepared an updated version of HSSentry right around the time of build500, so I am guessing the fix is included in a slightlhly newer build.

rjh What build is needed for Windows that includes the updated HSSentry?

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
      I think I ran into the same bug. HSSentry was not respecting the gServerAddressBind= setting in the settings.ini file. So if you bound HS to IP1 there is a chance that HSSentry is checking IP2 and then forcing a reboot. Rich prepared an updated version of HSSentry right around the time of build500, so I am guessing the fix is included in a slightlhly newer build.

rjh What build is needed for Windows that includes the updated HSSentry?
      Love this forum. thanks for quick reply!!!!

Comment

rjh love your help here. thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X