Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event Help Needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Event Help Needed

    I have a Geofence setup with HSbuddy. I have a door sensor on my storm door to the front of the house. What I would like to do is when I get home and open the storm door the front door will unlock. I also want a timer to start so the storm door must be opened within 5 minutes. Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Jim

  • #2
    This is what I came up with. I created 3 events, 1 timer and 1 virtual switch. Now to test it.

    Jim

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1299055


    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1299056


    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1299057

    Comment


    • #3
      You could eliminate the timer and have a single event:

      If Storm door changes and becomes Open
      And if Jim’s phone has been Home for less than 5 minutes
      Then....


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

      Comment


      • #4
        For event 3 I'd add a safety catch that immediately disables event 2 when your phone leaves home. When you return home event 1 can re-enabled event 2 when the timer is restarted.

        --Barry

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          You could eliminate the timer and have a single event:

          If Storm door changes and becomes Open
          And if Jim’s phone has been Home for less than 5 minutes
          Then....


          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          I don't see the option Jim’s phone has been Home for less than 5 minutes. I have the option of Inside or Outside.

          Jim

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1299227

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jbfoster View Post

            I don't see the option Jim’s phone has been Home for less than 5 minutes. I have the option of Inside or Outside.

            Jim

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1299227
            It wouldn’t be an HSBuddy condition, it will be a standard Homeseer condition. I don’t use HSBuddy but is there a HS device for Jim’s phone that changes status to home? If so, you should be able to use “And if Device has been for exactly” condition.


            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Profit View Post

              It wouldn’t be an HSBuddy condition, it will be a standard Homeseer condition. I don’t use HSBuddy but is there a HS device for Jim’s phone that changes status to home? If so, you should be able to use “And if Device has been for exactly” condition.


              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              The only place that has Jim's iphone is HSbuddy plugin. There is no device named Jims iPhone

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jbfoster View Post

                The only place that has Jim's iphone is HSbuddy plugin. There is no device named Jims iPhone
                Create a virtual device named that, then use the HSBuddy events to update it. Then use the virtual device in the manner that The Profit suggested.
                HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sparkman View Post

                  Create a virtual device named that, then use the HSBuddy events to update it. Then use the virtual device in the manner that The Profit suggested.
                  I tried but I did not see a less than 5 minutes option.

                  Since I got home today I have got 3 notifications that I am home. All have been 5 minutes apart.


                  Jim

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jbfoster View Post

                    I tried but I did not see a less than 5 minutes option.

                    Since I got home today I have got 3 notifications that I am home. All have been 5 minutes apart.


                    Jim
                    Can you post a screen shot of your event?
                    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X