Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro implant

Hi,
    does anyone use the new FIBARO implant ?
    My implant arrived today and I have some questions.
    Regards,
    Fischi

Hi Fischi,
    I have one and have successfully added it to my z-wave network in Homeseer. However I can only seem to get Homeseer to recognise 1 of the 2 output channels. Hoping someone else has had more success and can help with import/setup to get both o/p channels up and running.
    Regards,
    Aljrob

Comment

interesting... hadn't seen this what are you going to do with it?

looks like it's not available in the US yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        what are you going to do with it?
        It's intended to replace an existing Qubino dual relays module in an electric gate opener. 1 output needed to enable/disable an entry detector loop, the second is to manually force the gate to open on demand.

The Qubino module works well for this, but I'd hoped to use the smart implant to do this and add a few sensors also, including amongst other things sensing when the gate is opened, ambient outdoor temperature temperature.

At the moment though only one of the outputs is showing in Homeseer when I include in the z-wave network.

Comment

Has anyone integrated their home alarm panel with the Fibaro Smart FGBS-222?

I found this interesting YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oRys_l_bGM, and was wondering if someone had a similar build using HomeSeer?

I am not interested in controlling my alarm panel, in fact I'd prefer not to, only to read status and changes.

-mike

Comment

Yes I have done it. Annoying the FGBS-222 only shows one input on homeseer - not sure why??

Comment

barto to ; A FGBS-001 broke and need replacement , but they are not available anymore , the replacement would be the FGBS-222.

I would need 2 inputs (reed switched/sensors) and one external temperature.
              You're sayaing , only 1 input is working , and what about external temperature sensor? you have any info?

Thanks,
              Cor

Comment

I had similar problem last year and bought the FGBS-222 anticipating that it would be an improvement on the old FGBS-001. It wasn't. I am able to use the input to monitor the status of a smoke alarm (the main purpose I needed the device for) but could never get the external temperature sensors recognized in HomeSeer. I tried querying with Fibaro support but they are never very interested in helping if you are not using their own controller.
                These new devices have been out for probably at least 12 months and maybe Fibaro have a firmware fix by now but no way of getting firmware updates from Fibaro unless you are using their controllers. I am currently looking at Shelly devices as replacement for these Fibaro implants as, in my view, these are no longer fit for purpose (at least with HomeSeer).
                Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                  . I am currently looking at Shelly devices as replacement for these Fibaro implants as, in my view, these are no longer fit for purpose (at least with HomeSeer).
                  Hope that helps.
                  Thanks ,

I saw they have an "implant / universal sensor" kinda thing as well ..... just ordered some shelly device ..... curious how they perform vs Z-wave.

*edit*: using now 3 of those Shelly- uni's and they perform really well. 2 inputs . 2 outputs, couple of temperature sensors anADC sensor. In short , a very good replacement.

Cor

Comment

Originally posted by barto View Post
                    Yes I have done it. Annoying the FGBS-222 only shows one input on homeseer - not sure why??
                    Just purchased one.. wish I had seen this first. Likewise, only 1 input working in Homeseer

Comment

Had the same problem, this evening (hence looking at the forum) but I've just tried removing it and adding it in "non secure" mode, and that has created three more devices and possibly renamed or dropped others.

I seem to have both switches now, plus two "Notification" devices and a "Voltage", but no "Temperature" this time. That works for me - I need the inputs and outputs, not the temperature (which seemed to be stuck around 30 to 31 degrees C anyway).

I've attached a couple of images of the devices created in both modes.

Testing tomorrow, to see exactly what it's doing. I'll post more if I make any useful discoveries.
                      Just gone midnight, so time for sleep now!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_C View Post
                        Had the same problem, this evening (hence looking at the forum) but I've just tried removing it and adding it in "non secure" mode, and that has created three more devices and possibly renamed or dropped others.

I seem to have both switches now, plus two "Notification" devices and a "Voltage", but no "Temperature" this time. That works for me - I need the inputs and outputs, not the temperature (which seemed to be stuck around 30 to 31 degrees C anyway).

I've attached a couple of images of the devices created in both modes.

Testing tomorrow, to see exactly what it's doing. I'll post more if I make any useful discoveries.
                        Just gone midnight, so time for sleep now!
                        Did you install the Beta Zwave Plugin V3.0.3.6 ? That's the version that fixes problems with most devices with more than ten components. You can get it in the thread below. Let us know how you make out. Good luck!

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-devices/page6

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Did you install the Beta Zwave Plugin V3.0.3.6 ? That's the version that fixes problems with most devices with more than ten components. You can get it in the thread below. Let us know how you make out. Good luck!]
                          Great - thanks.
                          Bit pushed for time today, so, in a quick break from my SWMBO to-do list, I loaded the Beta from the HS installer page, removed and re-included the 222. The plugin is V3.0.4.0 and seems to have created 17 devices now. Progress.

Quick question - should I still grab 3.0.3.6 and install that manually, or stay with 3.0.4.0?

More testing later when I've completed "The List".
                          Attached Files

Comment

This thing looks really interesting and shows some potential for lots of different applications for sure.
                            Seems like Andrew_C may have figured out the issues with HS are just the zwave plugin version.

definitely watching for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_C View Post

Great - thanks.
                              Bit pushed for time today, so, in a quick break from my SWMBO to-do list, I loaded the Beta from the HS installer page, removed and re-included the 222. The plugin is V3.0.4.0 and seems to have created 17 devices now. Progress.

Quick question - should I still grab 3.0.3.6 and install that manually, or stay with 3.0.4.0?

More testing later when I've completed "The List".
                              If 3.0.4.0 is a later build than mine, and it continues to work, then I would use that. But would be a good idea to post that question in the thread I referenced above, (yesterday 7:20 PM). I'll ask there.

Comment

Working...
                              X