Atmos vs HS3Touch or Homeseer Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atmos vs HS3Touch or Homeseer Mobile

I see the upcoming Atmos automation screens list Homeseer as one of the products that it integrates with. What would be the reason for using a product like this instead of HS3Touch or Homeseer Mobile on a tablet? Atmos has some intercom features but does it add any other unique functionality to Homeseer?

It is another hub designed to integrated and control home automation. Can it connect to other hubs, yes. But, primarily I see it as designed to be used instead of other hubs. I'm assuming it leverages a cloud, but they don't say one way or the other.
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
      It is another hub designed to integrated and control home automation. Can it connect to other hubs, yes. But, primarily I see it as designed to be used instead of other hubs. I'm assuming it leverages a cloud, but they don't say one way or the other.
      So I guess I'm missing why they would integrate with Homeseer if they are trying to be a stand alone controller. Looks more like an aggregating UI for other hubs and web services.

Comment

Why not. Just like why do Vera and Homeseer integrate? If you have no other hubs it can use "scenes" to automate. It is also a dashboard and many hubs lack that. Since they don't go into any details rules or event engines. We really have no idea how powerful it is.

If it has really good native zigbee support, that might be a good use case for the integration, get dashboard and zigbee in one?

Since's it not shipping yet a lot of what is on there site could be follow-on integrations planned vs working in release 1.0

Will be interesting to watch, but I'll need to see the final product and have a lot more details. that site even the FAQ is all marketing fluff no meat.
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I guess we will have to wait and see. I just thought there might be some obvious benefit from the integration that I was missing.

Comment

At $300 for a nice looking, metal edged wall mount POE tablet, even if it just allows you to run HSMobile it's a pretty good value. That's what cheap looking no-name chinese POE wall mounts running some antiquated version of Android go for. If they offer a cleaner, more modern front end it would be even better. If there is a way (or some HS coder develops a way) to utilize the Zigbee functionality and tie that into HS, or allows HS to access any Atmos integrations which HS lacks that would be great. I'm very interested to see what they come up with, assuming they actually get there!

Comment

Working...
            X