Unifi G3-Flex camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unifi G3-Flex camera

Nice little camera and only $79. Water "resistant", 1080, POE, IR.
    Have one running for the last two days and it's not a G3 Pro, but quality is pretty darned good. PM w/IR isn't quite the quality of the big brothers, but for $79 who's complaining..
    Integrates with either Unifi Video or Protect.

Z

Thanks for the quick review.

I'm setting up our new home with a basic Unifi "starting package" of a Security Gateway, 16 port POE and one of their access points. I expect I will expand it within a year or so with a second access point and a 24-port switch ( freeing the first switch to cover any expanding POE duties ).

I like their cameras but haven't looked at integration at all. Do you have a way to view the camera output via HS, either directly or indirectly? It would be good to be able to pop up a view on one of the HSTouch tablets if the driveway sensor or motion sensor, etc is alerted for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post

I'm setting up our new home with a basic Unifi "starting package" of a Security Gateway, 16 port POE and one of their access points. I expect I will expand it within a year or so with a second access point and a 24-port switch ( freeing the first switch to cover any expanding POE duties ).

I like their cameras but haven't looked at integration at all. Do you have a way to view the camera output via HS, either directly or indirectly? It would be good to be able to pop up a view on one of the HSTouch tablets if the driveway sensor or motion sensor, etc is alerted for example.
      Not currently, but most/all of the Unifi cameras support RTSP which I believe HSTouch supports. I'm now using Blue Iris to provide the HS3 interface, motion tracking and NVR support.

Also check out the MeiUnifi plugin that's being developed which will interface with the Wifi AP's, USG and switches (hopefully Video in the future).

Z

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post

I don't use the HSTouch software but I do have the RTSP video feed from G3/Unifi Protect working with HomeSeer Mobile; HS3 snapshots also work. I have not been able to use the camera's motion sensor though. I've seen one solution here but it seemed a bit too complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by RGMessick View Post

I don't use the HSTouch software but I do have the RTSP video feed from G3/Unifi Protect working with HomeSeer Mobile; HS3 snapshots also work. I have not been able to use the camera's motion sensor though. I've seen one solution here but it seemed a bit too complicated.
          I'll have to give that a try.
          Unfortunately Unifi Protect doesn't like my IOS device. It's still a work in progress
          How are you adding in the RTSP URL to HS3?
          For the snapshot have you tried (http://xx.xx.xx.xx/snap.jpeg

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post

I'll have to give that a try.
            Unfortunately Unifi Protect doesn't like my IOS device. It's still a work in progress
            How are you adding in the RTSP URL to HS3?
            For the snapshot have you tried (http://xx.xx.xx.xx/snap.jpeg

Z
            In Unifi Protect I enabled the Low (640x360) RTSP toggle switch under the manage settings for the camera. Then copied the link to HS3, setup, camera tab, MJPEG Stream under the manual camera setup.

Comment

In Unifi Protect I enabled the Low (640x360) RTSP toggle switch under the manage settings for the camera. Then copied the link to HS3, setup, camera tab, MJPEG Stream under the manual camera setup.
              That's what I did, but nothing showed on the app under cameras so far. It did note it was having problems connecting with HS, so that's probably why.
              I'll play with it some more..

Thanks

Comment

Just my $.02, but I can get images into HS and the homeseer mobille app.

Not sure it would be any better, but here is what I did to get it working:

I use the Camera tab in the Homeseer setup page.

I enter http://cameraUN:ProtectDevicePasswor...raIP/snap.jpeg

The camera user name is still default for me, ubnt.

The Protect Device Password can be found by launching protect, enter in settings under the general tab. You can edit and see the device password that Protect generates there.

You also need to logon to the camera IP direclty and enable anonymous snapshot (Checkbox)

So far it works well and comes through to Homeseer Mobile. I have G3 Flex, G32, G3 Pro and also have the G4 Pro but have not added it yet, still testing. For the money the G3 Flex is hard to beat, especially the lower light quality.

Let me know if you need any additional help.

Comment

Originally posted by btinindy View Post
                  Just my $.02, but I can get images into HS and the homeseer mobille app.

Not sure it would be any better, but here is what I did to get it working:

I use the Camera tab in the Homeseer setup page.

I enter http://cameraUN:ProtectDevicePasswor...raIP/snap.jpeg

The camera user name is still default for me, ubnt.

The Protect Device Password can be found by launching protect, enter in settings under the general tab. You can edit and see the device password that Protect generates there.

You also need to logon to the camera IP direclty and enable anonymous snapshot (Checkbox)

So far it works well and comes through to Homeseer Mobile. I have G3 Flex, G32, G3 Pro and also have the G4 Pro but have not added it yet, still testing. For the money the G3 Flex is hard to beat, especially the lower light quality.

Let me know if you need any additional help.
                  For me, it's the app that's the problem, can't get HS3 mobile to find cameras on IOS? Mobile accesses the local HS3 box via MYHS I'm assuming so no other open ports should be required?

For me, once you give anonymous snapshot access on the camera, you only need the IP and the cmd, not the password/user, but then again, that's just on the local LAN, not through HS3 mobild.
                  Have you been able to get an RTSP link to work?

Z

Comment

OK, HS3 mobile is working now.
                    HSTouch needs to be ON in Setup it turns out (thanks Greg (HS support on a Sunday/Holiday, pretty impressive))

Can't see much difference between the updating jpg snapshots and RTSP. RTSP doesn't seem to stream but rather updates at the same rate as the snapshots. Have to ask about that.

Unifi Protect is still DOA on IOS (even on local browser). The forums say there's no local access on IOS, only works on cloud.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                      OK, HS3 mobile is working now.
                      HSTouch needs to be ON in Setup it turns out (thanks Greg (HS support on a Sunday/Holiday, pretty impressive))

Can't see much difference between the updating jpg snapshots and RTSP. RTSP doesn't seem to stream but rather updates at the same rate as the snapshots. Have to ask about that.

Unifi Protect is still DOA on IOS (even on local browser). The forums say there's no local access on IOS, only works on cloud.

Z
                      RTSP not compatible with HS3 yet as far as I know. You mean the IOS app for Protect? Works great for me

Comment

Originally posted by btinindy View Post

RTSP not compatible with HS3 yet as far as I know. You mean the IOS app for Protect? Works great for me
                        Doesn't like my Iphone XS for some reason. I can access Protect from a local PC on the LAN as well as using the WAN address or protect.ui.com, but not from the App (they're very helpful in not allowing a browser to be used on IOS ) I see many have no problem like you, but there are a couple that have the same issue I do. Going to touch base with Cody at UBNT and see if he can help. Pretty sure it's something to do with WebRTC and my Cisco router.. They say you don't need to open any ports for webRTC but even with all of the recommended forwarded, I still can't access it. Hopefully they'll get local access going for Protect like they do for the Controller

Thanks,
                        Z

Comment

How are you getting the Video feeds from the Unifi cameras working in HomeSeer? I've tried adding the RTSP streams to homeSeer but I keep getting errors/no video at all.

Comment

Are you using the Unifi Plug-in?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooose View Post
                              Are you using the Unifi Plug-in?
                              I'm using the Unifi plugin. It doesn't provide video, just stills of the last motion captured. I did figure out that I can get some kind of video (albeit very low quality slow frame rate using snapshots).

Comment

Working...
                              X