Is there a plug-in or somewhere for a to-do list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a plug-in or somewhere for a to-do list

Is there a way to keep a to-do list within HS3?

Can you enlighten us on why you would want to do this?

I'm a big to-do list person. For decades it was via paper. Now trying to use Google tasks but still gravitate to paper. I'm just not seeing the value of having the list in HS3.

Comment

Same here . Multiple time I wanted to do it . I got some way to do it via Alexa directly (with the help of openhab).

But never done it, cuz.. I won’t know what to do with it.

Maybe put it in a device for hstouch view?
      noopara what are your take on this? Would be nice to share your ideas

Comment

Whenever I discover a bug in my HomeSeer setup, it would be really handy to have a central place within HomeSeer where I could drop info about the bug so at a later time I could address the problem, add notes, etc. This way no matter what device (phone or any computer) that I am using to access my HS system with, I could capture the info at the time I discover it and work the problem later without having to have some other app or program outside of HS.

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
          Whenever I discover a bug in my HomeSeer setup, it would be really handy to have a central place within HomeSeer where I could drop info about the bug so at a later time I could address the problem, add notes, etc. This way no matter what device (phone or any computer) that I am using to access my HS system with, I could capture the info at the time I discover it and work the problem later without having to have some other app or program outside of HS.
          Maybe the modification history script from Jon00 website can be usefull to you?

Comment

Actually it may be more suitable to use something outside of HS but with the ability to capture the page/screenshot easily? Have you looked at Evernote? Great tool, I've used it for years and the browser plugin makes snipping a website partial or full and screens into a note to then annotate or add documentation to a breeze.

Comment

I have used Evernote for years but I want to be able to keep notes and track bugs within HS independent of any other software so I can use a device that doesn't belong to me and probably doesn't have the software tools such as Evernote.

Comment

I have used Evernote for years but I want to be able to keep notes and track bugs within HS independent of any other software so I can use a device that doesn't belong to me and probably doesn't have the software tools such as Evernote.
                Evernote web interface. I use it from other systems a lot. But as for the device... well not gonna work currently. I see wanting notes/todo but the devices I'm still not really seeing it....

Comment

When I log into myhs.homeseer.com with any browser on any computer, I would like to be able to create or edit a note regarding something I need to fix in my HS setup.

I just discovered Jon00's ini editor. All I have to do is create an ini file and use it to keep the notes. This should work perfectly.

Comment

When I log into myhs.homeseer.com with any browser on any computer, I would like to be able to create or edit a note regarding something I need to fix in my HS setup.

I just discovered Jon00's ini editor. All I have to do is create an ini file and use it to keep the notes. This should work perfectly.
                    Could you please elaborate on how exactly you're going to accomplish this?
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Yeah that’s a way to do it !

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post

Could you please elaborate on how exactly you're going to accomplish this?
                        create a .ini file in the /Config folder . Acess it with Jon00 ini editor aspx pge /script

Comment

Yes, this does work perfectly. Now I need an easy way to launch it from a manual triggered event or from the HS3 dashboard.

Comment

Problem solved...I set up a custom page which provides a link in the View drop down menu which brings up Jon00's Ini Editor. Works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                            X