Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting A FortrezZ MiMO2+ To Work With Homeseer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Getting A FortrezZ MiMO2+ To Work With Homeseer

    In search for a contact closure sensor I bought a FortrezZ MiMO2+. My Homeseer interface recognizes it but nothing else. The relays turn on, momentarily. I know it sees a contact closure because I get a new time in the, "Last Change" column of HomeSeer Web Control.


    Has anyone successfully gotten the inputs on the MiMO2+ to read on HomeSeer? I want to be able to trigger an event(s).
    Thanks
    Steve

    #2
    I spoke to HS phone support, who are terrific, they suggested the forum. They did say that MIMoLite is supported. Go figure.

    It's a really an interesting project which has grown from 5.1 to 9.1.4! And, very, very automated. I just need to be able to talk to HS.

    Has anyone integrated the Z-Uno ( https://z-uno.z-wave.me/ ) to HS?
    Thanks
    Steve

    Comment


      #3
      If you need a simple Z-Wave contact closure sensor, you can use one of the Ecolink tilt sensors for this. They have screw terminals on the PCB. https://www.amazon.com/Z-Wave-Plated.../dp/B00HGVJRX2
      Learn About HomeSeer

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by macromark
        Because our engineers are completely buried in projects here and do not have time to trouble-shoot this issue in the near future.
        It's been a requested device for a LONG time and complete silence... every batch of new users this device comes up over and over again. I know all of the focus is on "mobile" but this is yet another one of the long outstanding issues that should have been fixed a long time ago. Not trying to be a PITA but there's a lot of these little things that can and should be addressed in parallel to the modernization effort. What good is a "Modern Looking" system if the devices people want to use don't even work?

        Comment


          #5
          I tried the Mimo2+ last May 2018. HomeSeer wasn't creating child devices for its two sensor binary devices. I returned it. I have over a dozen of the MIMOlite devices, which work fine and have been trouble free for years. I wanted to try the Mimo2+ since it's ZWave Plus (MIMOlite is only Z-Wave). But, Mimo2+ doesn't work with HomeSeer.

          EDIT: BTW, one reason I like the MIMOlite is its configurability, and most importantly, is not a battery operated device.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

            It's been a requested device for a LONG time and complete silence... every batch of new users this device comes up over and over again. I know all of the focus is on "mobile" but this is yet another one of the long outstanding issues that should have been fixed a long time ago. Not trying to be a PITA but there's a lot of these little things that can and should be addressed in parallel to the modernization effort. What good is a "Modern Looking" system if the devices people want to use don't even work?
            +1. Been waiting to buy one of these for over a year, but won't do so until it is supported. My guess is that it would only take an hour or two to resolve given that other "hubs" support it properly. I'd love to see HS change the architecture of the z-wave plugin so that specific device "handlers" are external files (XML or JSON). That way others can create/update/modify them and no HS development time is needed in the future for these types of "bugs". rjh any comments on that?
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by sparkman View Post

              +1. Been waiting to buy one of these for over a year, but won't do so until it is supported. My guess is that it would only take an hour or two to resolve given that other "hubs" support it properly. I'd love to see HS change the architecture of the z-wave plugin so that specific device "handlers" are external files (XML or JSON). That way others can create/update/modify them and no HS development time is needed in the future for these types of "bugs". rjh any comments on that?
              Having the external device handler/driver capability would put HS on par with SmartThings, Hubitat, Vera, Home Assistant, OpenHAB, etc etc....

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by macromark
                Because our engineers are completely buried in other projects and do not have time to trouble-shoot this issue in the near future.
                macromark Does this mean we should not expect any new device support to occur in the near future? Not being a butt, asking out of genuine curiosity.

                Have you or rjh ever considered a system where the device definitions can be publicly created such as the SmartThings device handlers? This way the community can chip in with things like this.
                MeiAutomtion Home

                Comment


                  #9
                  I understand the issue DIY z-wave'ers are few and far between. I understand HS had a a/d, d/a at one time and sold one a month! Not a good way to keep the doors open.

                  macromark, a question, can more than one of these Ecolink tilt sensors be on the network at one time? TNX...s

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by murrysdad View Post
                    I understand the issue DIY z-wave'ers are few and far between. I understand HS had a a/d, d/a at one time and sold one a month! Not a good way to keep the doors open.

                    macromark, a question, can more than one of these Ecolink tilt sensors be on the network at one time? TNX...s
                    Yes, you're correct. Our ADIO-100 was not a high volume product!

                    You should be able to add as many Ecolink sensors to your network as you like... well... up to 232 anyway.
                    Learn About HomeSeer

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      If you need a simple Z-Wave contact closure sensor, you can use one of the Ecolink tilt sensors for this. They have screw terminals on the PCB. https://www.amazon.com/Z-Wave-Plated.../dp/B00HGVJRX2
                      macromark With mentioning EcoLink when is the Ecolink Contact/Door sensor tamper alert notification going to be fixed? That has been a year old issue as well. There's a whole thread of people that have been asking for that. By the way in your post I think you meant the Contact sensor that does have the wire terminals and not the "tilt" sensor which is in your Link.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        @macromark I also own a FortrezZ MiMO2+ and have been patiently waiting for Homeseer to support it. I have a couple of pulse water meters i need to integrate. I though I could use Arduino as an interface, but I'm not up to speed enough on Arduino IDE to get it functioning.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          We will of course be adding support for new products. Right now we are all working hard on getting HS4 out so we need to wait on some of this work.

                          Let me ask you, if I added hooks so you could process incoming Z-Wave packets and send Z-Wave commands, would anyone write some scripts to support what might be missing? I suspect no, as it would require some detailed knowledge of the Z-Wave packet format. I know there are device handlers for ST that support Z-Wave devices, but clearly the authors of those handlers know Z-Wave well.
                          website | buy now | support | youtube

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

                            macromark With mentioning EcoLink when is the Ecolink Contact/Door sensor tamper alert notification going to be fixed? That has been a year old issue as well. There's a whole thread of people that have been asking for that. By the way in your post I think you meant the Contact sensor that does have the wire terminals and not the "tilt" sensor which is in your Link.
                            Yeah, I just setup an EcoLink and ran into this problem. I wrote an event to set it to No Event if it’s had the tamper notification after X minutes. Issue isn’t a deal breaker but would be nice if things just worked out of the box. I needed a battery operated sensor since I use it with an AC relay for instantly detecting when power goes in or off. But if you don’t need a battery operated device then MIMOlite is a better option.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Let me ask you, if I added hooks so you could process incoming Z-Wave packets and send Z-Wave commands, would anyone write some scripts to support what might be missing?
                              I am 100% certain that multiple users would use any interface you might provide. There is a subset of HomeSeer users that are very skilled engineers by trade and will create whatever it takes down to the bit level to get devices to interoperate with HomeSeer.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X