Getting A FortrezZ MiMO2+ To Work With Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by popeye View Post
    BlairG never responded back with what they did to make the MIMO2+ function. I have 15 inputs and 9 output to convert from an archaic home automation system. Anyone hear of an update on this, or an alternative beyond the single I/O MIMO Lite?
    There is really nothing to say that I haven't said above in post #30, #33, #34. I've commissioned close to 30 of these,
    They don't give me much problem,.raise/lower, start/stop, open/close.
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Good to know. I will get one of those to try it out. There is another thread around here somewhere that also espouses this unit. I am very surprised that someone has not created a solution with more I/O, but I suppose marketing indicates that people only need a few inputs and outputs.

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post

There is really nothing to say that I haven't said above in post #30, #33, #34. I've commissioned close to 30 of these,
        All of which can be done with SIG1 of either the MimoLite or the MIMO2+. Question is, can you monitor and separately control (using SIG1 and SIG2) 2 different devices with raise/lower, start/stop, open/close? If so, you're the only person to ever claim to be able to do so.

--Barry

Comment

If not, I will fall back to using Shelly.Cloud wifi devices, which are cheap, small, work quite well, and are flexible with regards to power requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by cpapakon View Post
            Thought I'd post my progress/experience. I can see all the devices and control the relays from HS. However the sensors do not update unless I poll the device manually. I even tried the MIMO2 configuration tool that calculates the parameters you need to send over. it has options for reporting of No Report, Periodic report(def 1200 sec) and Report on Change. So close yet so far!
            Click image for larger version Name:	Door Closed.JPG Views:	0 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	1306335
            Click image for larger version Name:	Door Open.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	1306336
            Click image for larger version Name:	config tool.JPG Views:	0 Size:	84.3 KB ID:	1306337
            cpapakon have you made any progress on gettting MIMO2 to report both sensors state ?

Comment

But you really didn't say much in any of those posts, just that you connected them and they work. We're interested to see what you got for child devices and what exactly you did for config. You're still the only person who's gotten anywhere with the MIMO2+, but lots of people have tried. Help us out here 😁

Comment

Can you please call technical support at Fortress and explain to them how you got this working? When I called them they told me it did not work correctly with HomeSeer and that the problem was on HomeSeer side. Or maybe call HomeSeer support and explain it to them. When I called HomeSeer they told me it did not work correctly with HomeSeer and that the problem was on Fortress side.

I can start a Go Fund Me page. I am sure that there are many members of these forums that would contribute to compensate you for your efforts.

Comment

I was preconfiguring them all on one bench I had to keep them 2 to 3 feet front the znet. Enrolled 4 MIMO into each of 4 Znets. They enrolled in NonSecure mode. Factory guy told me in secure mode there is a huge amount of data transfer, and best in non secure mode. Once enrolled distance has never been an issue.
                  Here are the results of installing four (4) of the Mimo2+ onto one of the Znets.

The application controlled TV monitor lifts to extend and retract, so only Relay1 and Relay2 were hard wired.
                  Sig1 and Sig2 were not used for a Control Input, control of the lifts was achieved through sending Zwave commands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mimodata.png
Views:	318
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1442288

Here is a Mimo Lite that is connected to a Gate operator and a Reed Switch on the gate.
                  The reed switch (Sig1) tells HS when ever the gate opens or closes.
                  The relay is configured to send a momentary pulse to the gate motor. (No discreet open/close)

Name:	mimodata2.PNG
Views:	261
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	1442289

Blair

Comment

Here are the results of installing four (4) of the Mimo2+ onto one of the Znets.

The application controlled TV monitor lifts to extend and retract, so only Relay1 and Relay2 were hard wired.
                    Sig1 and Sig2 were not used for a Control Input, control of the lifts was achieved through sending Zwave commands.

Name:	mimodata.png
Views:	318
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1442288

Here is a Mimo Lite that is connected to a Gate operator and a Reed Switch on the gate.
                    The relay is configured to send a momentary pulse to the gate motor. (No discreet open/close)

Name:	mimodata2.PNG
Views:	261
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	1442289
                    As we all suspected you don't actually have the MIMO2+ working correctly. SIG1 and SIG2 are not working in your example. THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS DISCUSSION IS THAT SIG1 AND SIG2 ARE NOT UPDATING CORRECTLY!!!

Comment

Here is how a Mimo2+ looks when imported into Homeseer from the Hubitat plugin (Note there is Relay 1 & 2 and SIG1 & SIG 2):

Name:	Mimo2+.png
Views:	270
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1442591

Works perfect for what I've needed.

--Barry

Comment

No one has had any problem getting the relay outputs to work, just the sig inputs, for anything, regardless of control usage.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark
                          Because our engineers are completely buried in other projects and do not have time to trouble-shoot this issue in the near future.
                          It may not have occurred to you, but a year-and-a-half on with no change, many readers may find this comment very disingenuous. Given that HomeSeer has its own product line to sell, it might seem to some that competing products get pushed way down on the priority list. Some companies might even have tacitly given up on HomeSeer, such as Aeotec and Inovelli, who have switched to using GBL files for f/w updates, even though they know HS does not support that format, and has ignored pleas to support them. If HS really wanted to allow easy integration of other Z-Wave products, it would seem that supporting definition files (XML or whatnot) as other platforms do, would be a top priority, which would also alleviate the constant workload of integrating new products, and place the burden on those companies. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                            If you need a simple Z-Wave contact closure sensor, you can use one of the Ecolink tilt sensors for this. They have screw terminals on the PCB. https://www.amazon.com/Z-Wave-Plated.../dp/B00HGVJRX2
                            We were also advised by macromark if you need a dry contact closure, what to use. Unlike the Mimo Lite which is binary input, binary output, the input is mapped to control the output.
                            Here comes Mimo2+, dual analog inputs and dual binary outputs. On the input side it is a very fancy volt meter. 0 to 16 vdc. and works best detecting 0-5.

Mapping to the output gets fancy because you can setup a sensor to control an output when a specific "range" is met. If your target was 3.1 to 3.5 volt you can control the relay output to turn on at 3.1v and off at 3.5v.

Early in this thread I wrote that I have not used the Sig1 Sig2 inputs. At home I control my gate with a MimoLite. But it would seem like if a target range was setup in the 2+ and the Output was mapped proper, then when the target voltage is applied to Sig1 you could control Out1.
                            Blair

Comment

macromark 2 years later... any chance this device get supported ?

Comment

I gave up on these, and so have several useless boxes. There are other better solutions that use MQTT, connecting using both Ethernet & Wifi, and so are more reliable and faster anyway. They can easily be integrated using mcsMQTT.

Comment

Working...
                                X