What's the point of camera setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the point of camera setup?

I can't seem to find any documentation on cameras other than how to add them to the system.
    In Tools/Setup there's a camera tab. Input the camera streams and then what??
    I was assuming they would then be a device but they are not.
    So why add them on that tab?

It makes them available in HS mobile and the default HSTouch configuration.
    -Wade

Comment

How so? Can't find any way of using them in HSTouch.
      I can add the URL in HSTouch without adding the camera in the setup, so why add to the setup is my question?

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
        How so? Can't find any way of using them in HSTouch.
        I can add the URL in HSTouch without adding the camera in the setup, so why add to the setup is my question?
        I've previously made the same point. It only seems to be of any use whatsoever in the default HSTouch project (not sure about HS Mobile). I spent two days trying to get the screen from the default project to work in my own custom project to no avail.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Ok, thanks.
          At least I can stop looking now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
            It only seems to be of any use whatsoever in the default HSTouch project (not sure about HS Mobile).
            Yes, also in mobile.
            -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post

I've previously made the same point. It only seems to be of any use whatsoever in the default HSTouch project (not sure about HS Mobile). I spent two days trying to get the screen from the default project to work in my own custom project to no avail.
              Add me to the list of customers who configured a camera into the Camera tab of HomeSeer and then wasted a crapload of time trying to work out where the device was - until I found this thread advising there is no such thing, HomeSeer simply accepts the details and laughs at you in silence.

So I've now fired up the most buggy app known to the AppStore, HomeSeer Mobile, and yes there is a camera listed there. Cool. It's black though. With a spinning circle that rotates a little bit once and a while. So I wait forever then tap the little (I) icon, and an error appears "It looks like the robots couldn't draw the image correctly. Invalid length for a Base-64 char array or string."

Pasting that same camera URL into Safari, Firefox, and also Chrome all works fine on my Mac. So then I went and grabbed my Debian notebook and used Firefox on that - all good there. Opened a Windows VM and tried in Edge and Chrome, all good too.

Think I've wasted enough time on this for now.

Comment

Okay wasted half an hour more on this, turns out HomeSeer has a 3 year old bug whereby it can't handle @'s in a password - even though mapped through as %40 like every browser, script, and program I've been using happily works with. Must be getting passed along as pure text, authentication fails, and HomeSeer Mobile simply tries to render a graphic from the failed authentication thus caused the error.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ca...ameras-working

Comment

It only grabs JPEG snapshots doesn't it? My understanding is you can't display an actual video stream in HS mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
                    It only grabs JPEG snapshots doesn't it? My understanding is you can't display an actual video stream in HS mobile.
                    This is true. Currently HS Mobile can only do snapshots.

Comment

Working...
                    X