No announcement yet.

Motorized Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

avpman keep us posted as to how the different blinds do in your testing.

iblinds seems to be for retrofitting into existing blinds. Also, they seem to be for shutter type blinds. I am looking at installing cellular blinds.

Comment

bills.hancock@gmail.com which blinds did you go with that you don't like?

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
        Iblinds? They have an improved V3 model that I'm using. I can't speak to the older versions.
        V2's work great but are not quite as cool as the V3's with 700 Chip and the manual control!!

Comment

We use Bali blinds from HomeDepot. They are z-wave and are fairly easy to integrate. No additional controller required. The only disadvantages are that they are pretty loud and the remotes are flimsy. But once integrated into HS you won't need the remotes much anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
            We use Bali blinds from HomeDepot. They are z-wave and are fairly easy to integrate. No additional controller required. The only disadvantages are that they are pretty loud and the remotes are flimsy. But once integrated into HS you won't need the remotes much anyways.
            Since I would integrate into HomeSeer HS4 immediately, are you saying that I could order these without buying the Bali controller? Could I also skip their remote?

Comment

Originally posted by TimSRQ View Post

Since I would integrate into HomeSeer HS4 immediately, are you saying that I could order these without buying the Bali controller? Could I also skip their remote?
              I am not sure what you mean with "Bali controller". Bali had some kind of device to supply 12V to the shades and to control the shades. I did not use that. Instead, I just used a 12V MeanWell power supply. Then I connected the shades to HS via z-wave. If you automate everything like I did then you don't even need the remotes, though they are nice as a backup. There is also a button on the shade so if you can reach that button then that works well as an alternative to control the shade. Note that Bali doesn't allow 3rd party power equipment but so far I had no issues.

Comment

Btw, the square remotes are really cheap and easily break. You might try to negotiate to get the 3 button controls that have a "home" button. That's especially important for sheer shades. Those shades have to be set to about 3-4% to the close. That is what I programmed the "home" button to, not that I use the remote much. If you just use the down button with sheer shades it goes to 0% which is the shades going all the way down but then setting the angle of the slates horizontally, i.e. you can see inside and light comes inside. When you lower them to about 3-5% then the slates are "closed".

Comment

I just got some bali blinds and I am having trouble getting them to connect to homeseer. I click on the Add/Include Node in the zwave management and then I press the button on the bali blind until it blinks green but after that nothing happens in homeseer. I just doesn't see anything. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
                    I just got some bali blinds and I am having trouble getting them to connect to homeseer. I click on the Add/Include Node in the zwave management and then I press the button on the bali blind until it blinks green but after that nothing happens in homeseer. I just doesn't see anything. Any suggestions?
                    How close are the blinds to your Z-Wave interface. I'd recommend having the Z-Wave module within a few inches when adding.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OK, I will try that. Right now the blind is two floors away.

Comment

OK I got one of them to go in. But it goes in as a light with an ON/OFF switch. Is this correct? And then the remote goes in as a Controller with Central Scene child device. How do I implement this into alexa?

Comment

My Bali blind added as a Dimmer. The remote is a controller / central scene. I haven't used the remote with HS as of yet, but Alexa sees the blind as a dimmer as well. I have Alexa routines where "Alexa, close the blind" sets the blind to 0%, etc.

Comment

We bought our Bali shades some 3 years ago and it was fine having them some 10 feet from a z-wave repeater. Maybe they have a higher security protocol now. I think and S2 security protocol does not allow repeaters that are less than S2. I could be wrong with that, though. In any case, I would reset both the remote and shade and then try to re-include them. I think I first did the shade and then the controller but all that info should be in the manual with the somfy controller.

Comment

It seems that if I get the blinds added to homeseer, then the remote doesn't work anymore. Can I have it both ways? In homeseer and the remote still works? Kevb how do you setup the blinds with Alexa? Do you add the blind and the controller? The controller seems to have scenes in Homeseer.

Comment

EricE how did you end up getting the bali blinds into homeseer? Do you have to unpair the remote first? Can you use the remote after you add to homeseer?

Comment

Working...
                                X