Is there something going on at HomeSeer? Multiple stockouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    BTW, our final assembly person for Zees has much nicer handwriting than you!
    LOL, that is a very low bar my friend.

--Barry

Comment

That was a good laugh for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

Interesting... Using tools on loan from the DNI under authority of a FISA court, I was able to enhance the image above to reveal this:
        Nice one Barry!

I will add to Mark's post with this, stay tuned because we also have some new products coming to the line soon!
        Jon Smith

website | products | support | youtube

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

You can rest easy. Companies don't get to be in business for 20 years by managing cash flow badly. We're good!

... and thanks for your business!

The hardware supply cycle isn't a perfect machine (unfortunately) so we have experienced some outages since we've been making hardware. Some outages have been 'self-inflicted' (under-predicting sales) but most have been supplier-related. Here's where we stand with the current outages:
          • HS-WD200+ ran out yesterday and should be back in stock tomorrow (5/23)
          • HS-MS100+ underwent a redesign (improved lens, new plastics) and we're testing the new units now. Should go back into production early next month
          • HSM200 - we're moving this product to a new manufacturer and working on certification issues now. We hope to have this back into production June or July
          • GoControl irrigation controller was not a HomeSeer product and was discontinued by the manufacturer
          Regarding Amazon
          If you look at the buying options, you'll notice we provide both Amazon-fulfillment (FBA) and Merchant-fulfillment listings. That means that even if our FBA inventory runs out, folks can still buy the product on Amazon and it will be shipped from our warehouse here. The FBA program levies storage fees on slow moving product so we're very careful to manage this inventory smartly.

Tariffs
          As Barry guessed (correctly) tariffs are a concern and they do influence our purchasing decisions but they are not responsible for our current outages.
          That's great. Thanks for the quick response.

Seeing how many of the players in these spaces disappear, die, or discontinue lines on a regular basis I am glad to hear HomeSeer is doing well!

Comment

Originally posted by M20J View Post

Seeing how many of the players in these spaces disappear, die, or discontinue lines on a regular basis...
            Indeed.
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ge...-not-forgotten
            -Wade

Comment

I am curious why the price difference when on sale between the Z2 and Z-net given they are the same platform. I believe that if the Z-net were the same price point as the Z2 there would be more moving out the door and the assembly line would be even busier.

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
                I am curious why the price difference when on sale between the Z2 and Z-net given they are the same platform. I believe that if the Z-net were the same price point as the Z2 there would be more moving out the door and the assembly line would be even busier.
                The license on the software would be my guess.
                HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
                UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

I can see I made a great choice - I bought a 20th anniversary hometroller - BUT dreamed of bigger a had to buy an S6 so now I have both - I may just frame the 20th anniversary HT - - PS - Love the todo list ...

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
                    Normally zee s2 is $50 more than the z-net. it's now currently ~$25 less. I get what you're saying. The Z-net is awesome and if it was also 50% off, I would snatch up another one.

As someone else said, the software licensing is what generally makes the zee s2 more expensive.
                    Last edited by sirmeili; May 22nd, 2019, 04:37 PM. Reason: fixed typos from my computer messing up)
                    Thanks,
                    Frank

Comment

Working...
                    X