Is there something going on at HomeSeer? Multiple stockouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there something going on at HomeSeer? Multiple stockouts

Noting the increasing stock outages over the last few weeks.

As of today, the number of core products that are backordered and unavailable seems to be increasing. These would seem to be lost sales that won't all be recovered, as other competitive products will be substituted.

Really, no dimmers, motion sensors, or multi sensors? How does one build a system?

Is demand up, inventory management in a bad place, or are other financial issues occurring?

Or are sales through the roof and supply can't keep up?

Homeseer store stock outs:

Amazon is also showing low or out of stock on numerous items:

HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee S2 Home Controller
    3.1 out of 5 stars 22
    $199.95
    Get it as soon as Thu, May 23
    Only 2 left in stock - order soon.

HomeSeer HS-FS100-L Z-Wave Plus Indicator Light Sensor with Built-in Temperature Sensor & Programmable Buzzer (hub Required) | Works with SmartThings

5.0 out of 5 stars 1
    $49.95
    Get it as soon as Thu, May 23
    Only 8 left in stock - order soon.

HomeSeer SmartStick+ G2 Z-Wave Plus USB Stick with Latest ZDK V6.81.03 Firmware | Works with HomeSeer, Home Assistant, Indigo & Other Smart Home Software Programs | Supports S2 Security

$39.95
    FREE One-Day. Get itTomorrow, May 22
    Only 17 left in stock - order soon.

Day 21 of a month-long sale maybe?

Comment

Maybe, but If you run out of core product inventory during a sale, you didn’t need to (or shouldn’t have) run the sale.

Comment

I'm sure the HS guys will pipe in soon enough and give an explanation - or perhaps one of the members that's been around a long time. This may be something that happens now and again - or maybe issues with the some of their vendors - who knows - M20J - Looks like you just joined the forum - What are you running HS on and for how long?

Comment

Apparently the irrigation controller was discontinued by the manufacturer as no other "hubs" support the z-wave irrigation class.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The Zee s2 was on sale for 50% off, which is an incredibly great deal (Heck, I own HS3 and got one for a family member!). I'm not surprised to see it go out of stock. I think this is the first year they put the Zees2 at that deep of a discount and who knows, they might be doing a refresh with a newer rPi as the base (Just a guess on my part).

Comment

Originally posted by harvito View Post
              I'm sure the HS guys will pipe in soon enough and give an explanation - or perhaps one of the members that's been around a long time. This may be something that happens now and again - or maybe issues with the some of their vendors - who knows - M20J - Looks like you just joined the forum - What are you running HS on and for how long?
              Yes, I guess that wasn’t a good first post.

Did Insteon on the last house, and wasn’t that thrilled with the flexibility or reliability. Had a lot of issues with noisy LED devices taking out communication.

Just moved, and starting over with an SEL PRO. Have wired about 20 devices in, including an EnvisaLink tie in to the DSC alarm. Am very happy with the system capabilities and freedom from “the cloud”, somewhat less happy with the UI.

Am having some concerns that I might have jumped in and made a poor choice — seeing the HomeSeer dimmers, multi sensors, and motion detectors all out of stock. Can’t finish the house, and the business side of me sees a company that might be having cash flow issues and can’t keep the shelves stocked.

Hope that’s not the case!

Comment

Originally posted by M20J View Post

Yes, I guess that wasn’t a good first post.

Did Insteon on the last house, and wasn’t that thrilled with the flexibility or reliability. Had a lot of issues with noisy LED devices taking out communication.

Just moved, and starting over with an SEL PRO. Have wired about 20 devices in, including an EnvisaLink tie in to the DSC alarm. Am very happy with the system capabilities and freedom from “the cloud”, somewhat less happy with the UI.

Am having some concerns that I might have jumped in and made a poor choice — seeing the HomeSeer dimmers, multi sensors, and motion detectors all out of stock. Can’t finish the house, and the business side of me sees a company that might be having cash flow issues and can’t keep the shelves stocked.

Just a guess here from the business side of me, but I would imagine most of the HS products are sourced from Chinese vendors. If you've been watching the news lately, now is not the best time to be loading up the shelves with products made in China if you think that a trade deal might be forthcoming in the next 30 days. No need in paying a 25% premium if it can be avoided.

If I were running a predominately software based company, where margins are typically above 80%, and also selling private label imports to supplement income (where margins typically are less than 50%), then I too would probably focus on the software side of things a little while and let the imports soak for a bit.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by M20J View Post

You can rest easy. Companies don't get to be in business for 20 years by managing cash flow badly. We're good!

... and thanks for your business!

The hardware supply cycle isn't a perfect machine (unfortunately) so we have experienced some outages since we've been making hardware. Some outages have been 'self-inflicted' (under-predicting sales) but most have been supplier-related. Here's where we stand with the current outages:
                  • HS-WD200+ ran out yesterday and should be back in stock tomorrow (5/23)
                  • HS-MS100+ underwent a redesign (improved lens, new plastics) and we're testing the new units now. Should go back into production early next month
                  • HSM200 - we're moving this product to a new manufacturer and working on certification issues now. We hope to have this back into production June or July
                  • GoControl irrigation controller was not a HomeSeer product and was discontinued by the manufacturer
                  Regarding Amazon
                  If you look at the buying options, you'll notice we provide both Amazon-fulfillment (FBA) and Merchant-fulfillment listings. That means that even if our FBA inventory runs out, folks can still buy the product on Amazon and it will be shipped from our warehouse here. The FBA program levies storage fees on slow moving product so we're very careful to manage this inventory smartly.

Tariffs
                  As Barry guessed (correctly) tariffs are a concern and they do influence our purchasing decisions but they are not responsible for our current outages.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                    The Zee s2 was on sale for 50% off, which is an incredibly great deal (Heck, I own HS3 and got one for a family member!). I'm not surprised to see it go out of stock. I think this is the first year they put the Zees2 at that deep of a discount and who knows, they might be doing a refresh with a newer rPi as the base (Just a guess on my part).
                    Frank - you can be forgiven for misreading the first post. I did that too... so did Rich! We are no where near being out of stock on the Zees! However, it is keeping our final assembly folks pretty busy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zee-Fnal-Assembly.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	1306622

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      Frank - you can be forgiven for misreading the first post. I did that too... so did Rich! We are no where near being out of stock on the Zees! However, it is keeping our final assembly folks pretty busy!
                      My bad, I thought the OP said it was out of stock, which I figured was expected based on the awesome price you're doing for it right now! Sorry about that!

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

..Sorry about that!
                        No worries!

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Name:	Zee-Fnal-Assembly.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	1306622
                          Interesting... Using tools on loan from the DNI under authority of a FISA court, I was able to enhance the image above to reveal this:

Name:	final assembly.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1306632

--Barry

Comment

-Wade

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

Interesting... Using tools on loan from the DNI under authority of a FISA court, I was able to enhance the image above to reveal this:
                              and to think I get accused for having too much time on MY hands! lol. FWIW - I actually DID blur that out to avoid this kind of SPYING.... that's right... I used the S word!

BTW, our final assembly person for Zees has much nicer handwriting than you!

Comment

Working...
                              X