Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Testing) a virgin Linux HS3 v. 531 on a vm I just created (Ubuntu 19.04)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good news !

Comment

The next step , I think would be to test it like that to be sure it is stable., like for 6 hours. And then re-enable bllan and see if memory goes up again. It will go up because it takes memory to activate a plugin.. but if it keeps going up then you'll know it's blllan that makes the memory leak. ( indirectly because of mono i think?)

Comment

According to my calculations,

The ''leak'' is 8 mb per 12 hours. So i infer that it would be 16 mb per 24 hours . That is manageable, I am sure the leak is not resolved from mono side, though ( the one that was there on mono -V 5.x.x.x: let's not forget that i completely removed jowihue and mcsmqtt on my present setup and replaced them by other means * I still use mqtt and deconz)
        ( the leak from 6.0.0.313 have been corrected ).

Comment

Here is the results of the test. 48MB in 17 hours so about 2.5 MB per hour.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-08-08 15-02-43.png
Views:	144
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	1320034
          The ending screenshot

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-08-09 08-30-01.png
Views:	152
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	1320035

Both HSConsole, WeatherXML, Zwave, look to be the major problems. Alot better than it was on 6.0.0.319 or .313.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
            way better on version 5.18.1.3 but clearly something is wrong with my system.

Name:	top.png
Views:	169
Size:	352.7 KB
ID:	1319832
            I think if you press maj + h with htop open. You,ll get a better view

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
              Here is the results of the test. 48MB in 17 hours so about 2.5 MB per hour.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2019-08-08 15-02-43.png Views:	4 Size:	199.8 KB ID:	1320034
              The ending screenshot

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2019-08-09 08-30-01.png Views:	4 Size:	183.5 KB ID:	1320035

Both HSConsole, WeatherXML, Zwave, look to be the major problems. Alot better than it was on 6.0.0.319 or .313.

Awww you were talking about your total memory usage. Here I was only checking hs3 memory process , since it was the only one that was leaking.

This night for wtv reason , the hs3 process got a 25 mb drop after 26 hours uptime. And the others plugin got a drop in memory usage too . And little after that I opened the webgui accidentally again (starting to wonder if this contribute to the leak since the memory was stable yesterday and now it goes up.. will have a better view tomorrow I guess).

anyway, your hs3 process seem stable now. That’s good news .
              Attached Files

Comment

I truly encourage anyone that is having a leak on Linux to send an email to HS support . I just did it. I do not find it normal for us to have to test this like that .

I just sent them an email, saying that they should check more closely the memory usage on Linux.

Comment

I rebooted the pc by accident by typing ''reboot'' to the wrong ssh session..lol.

I think it'll be ok for me. Things seems to be ''better''( at least on my patched setup without the two plugin i mentioned) so I do not think i'll test again in a near future. Returned to mono -pre-compiled binary stable package 6.0.0.319.

Comment

BTW this morning noticed a "new" mono update which is again update 319. Last one was dated August 6, 2019.

mono -V
                    Mono JIT compiler version 6.0.0.319 (tarball Tue Aug 6 16:30:29 UTC 2019)
                    Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com

Today same version update but different date.

mono -V
                    Mono JIT compiler version 6.0.0.319 (tarball Fri Aug 9 16:23:57 UTC 2019)
                    Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com

- Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I can confirm . Mono 3.0.0.319 has a leak . Can someone follow this topic on github? I won't have time . We are moving to another place in the next days ( sooner than i thought).

And i'll have to turn off the automation like in the next hours ( need to label everything etc).

Github issue

Yesterday when i saw the memory consumption I recompiled mono and did a backup (clone of my ssd) from this. I waited one day ( almost) to be sure 6.7 was ok. What is funny is that it is actually faster ( amd 2700x) to compile vs to update mono via APT and wait for llvm

This time I do not have a graph i turned it off yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                        I can confirm . Mono 3.0.0.319 has a leak . Can someone follow this topic on github? I won't have time . We are moving to another place in the next days ( sooner than i thought).

And i'll have to turn off the automation like in the next hours ( need to label everything etc).

Github issue

Yesterday when i saw the memory consumption I recompiled mono and did a backup (clone of my ssd) from this. I waited one day ( almost) to be sure 6.7 was ok. What is funny is that it is actually faster ( amd 2700x) to compile vs to update mono via APT and wait for llvm

This time I do not have a graph i turned it off yesterday.
                        I am following - hope the move goes well.

Comment

I truly encourage anyone that is having a leak on Linux to send an email to HS support . I just did it. I do not find it normal for us to have to test this like that .

I just sent them an email, saying that they should check more closely the memory usage on Linux.
                          Matt this has driven me crazy my entire time on HS. I reported it many times, all I got was ‘we really test under Windows’. I’m extremely happy your tackling this (understanding you shouldn’t have to)...

Comment

I think if you press maj + h with htop open. You,ll get a better view
                            Much better, thanks!
                            mono 5.20.1.34
                            Attached Files
                            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

how is the 6.0.0 Stable (6.0.0.327) ?

Comment

my setup is 95 % functional. I have maybe 45 less events.. since some logic were not applicable at our new place.

anyways, with my setup , always on 6.7 ( compiled no so long ago ) my memory is barely leaking 10 mb per day (did run the setup for 6 days)

Mono JIT compiler version 6.7.0 (master/9d1eec6bf88 Sat 24 Aug 2019 07:09:49 PM EDT)
                                TLS: __thread
                                SIGSEGV: altstack
                                Notifications: epoll
                                Architecture: amd64
                                Disabled: none
                                Misc: softdebug
                                Interpreter: yes
                                LLVM: supported, not enabled.
                                Suspend: hybrid
                                GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

Comment

Working...