X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George
    replied
    Pete,

They can pickup the Installer PCA from eBay for $150 bucks. That's a pretty set rate and it works great for my latest II with the flash-able eProm. I was able to flash it to the latest and last 4.0b firmware. And PCA would also allow them to flash upgrade the firmware on any OmniTouch 5.7 or 7 screens if they have them.

I guess they can do it without a CO with today's Internet access but they might have a problem with getting police, fire or local Sheriffs to respond. Rich Scholl set me up as an installer years back with his monitoring company that he's since sold. So, I'm not paying much at all, about a couple of Big Mac's a month. We live out in the country so getting Sheriff and local Fire, plus call outs to our neighbors is well worth it.

I get more of a homeowners security system insurance break than I pay for the monitoring. They might want to reconsider once they talk to their insurance company.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Thank you George.

Well the original configuration was using 3.X chips and new owners did not get the installer code until the latter part of last week. (Friday).

They have a Homeseer person there switching them from CQC to Homeseer. He doesn't want to touch the panel. I told him the owners will need to purchase PCA for installer or I can help some from here.

Looks like the owners want to DIY their security with no CO calling and add their thermostat, more lights / zones to their set up.

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete View Post

Today helping a Homeseer person in Colorado update an OmniPro 2 panel firmware / checking it out with PCA. The panel has old firmware on it and hasn't been touched in years.
    Does it have the flash prom or upgrade ships, I have some 2.x upgrade chips if you need one.
    2008 20A04-2 2.12a
    2002 20A04-2 2.3c

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied

Today helping a Homeseer person in Colorado update an OmniPro 2 panel firmware / checking it out with PCA. The panel has old firmware on it and hasn't been touched in years.

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied

Recall now meeting you at the EHExpo in Florida once or twice.

It was the original Homeseer plugin for the Omnipro 2 panel that had me purchasing the panel in the early 2000's.[/QUOTE]

Yup, back in the gool ol days. I helped out Rich and Karen Scholl in the Worthington Distribution booth a few times. And convinced Tink to not only work on, but he also bought an Omni, to write the Omni plugin support. That was, of course, when my hard was black. Age is a pain, and then you die!

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Have disabled now all of the RPi's except for one running ZWave in the attic these days.

Have switched over to using Ubuntu for HS3 Pro and Lite boxes. And running some Microsoft Windows only plugins on virtual boxes.

Relating to running Homeseer 3 lite have been testing different devices over the years....

1 - AMD mini cube computer Xi5A - did well but always ran hot
    2 - TV Boxes specifically - lately ARM based S912 Octocore CPU / 3Gb of DDR3 RAM running Armbian on the eMMC / SD card
    3 - recently testing an Intel Atom TV box - running Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit and an Oracle 7e Virtual box - looks good so far and very light and very small

Started tinkering with Arduino's initially purchasing tinkering kits - then just let them sit for a while. Today been tinkering with WiFi devices with updated firmware using Espurna / Tasmota and MQTT. These devices are hardware modded. IE: tiny stuff like the MagicHome RGB controller being utilized today for kitchen under cabinet LED lighting using new smaller in wall box LED power supplies.

Recall now meeting you at the EHExpo in Florida once or twice.

It was the original Homeseer plugin for the Omnipro 2 panel that had me purchasing the panel in the early 2000's.

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Thanks Pete, I'll PM you later this afternoon with a small list. I got called to my Chicago office so I'll have to TeamViewer back to my server to get the ones that puke and die.
    I really appreciate it.

Been reading your excursions into using the Raspberry Pi 3. I'm an Arduino man myself but must admit the Arduino had it good things, but like BetaMax and VHS someone had to win. After my 4 month forklift project is done, I may start dabbling in some PI projects.

George

And Puppy, 2019 or not, if you can download HS2 from the site, the least the company can do is provide an area that stores the HS2 versions of the plugins. No everyone HAS to be on HS3. It's a personal option. If I like HS2 and am happy and licensed then I should be able to get the software for it. Support, I may have to pay for, or not get at all. But I'm currently running a very stable 1,7 and who need support? So dates have nothing to do with it. I was one of the original HST adopters and wrote a few plugins including code for the TI-103 plugin and the HS1 version of the OmniPro plugin. So forgive me if I might have a little more background in HST and in engineering and computer science and would like to follow my own upgrade path.

Leave a comment:

• sickpuppy
    replied
    It's 2019 and we're talking about HS2??? Maybe in 2040 the OP will update to HS4.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by George View Post
    But, my one problem, does anyone know where I can find some of the plugins that were available on HS2? The ones that the updater always finds are the HS3 versions and they just crash and burn when HS2 tries to start them. It would be nice to get a stable HS2 with the HS2 version of the plugins I need.

Thanks
    I just checked the HS2 updater and you are right, it's changed to all HS3 plugins. Not sure if HST are aware macromark

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    @George,

PM me as I have archived all HS2 updates and plugins.

Sometime or another after purchasing most of the plugins Homeseer had a sale which was for Homeseer Pro and included all of the Homeseer 2 pro plugins.

So here even if not using the plugins would archive them.

What version of Homeseer 2 are you running? Thinking the plugins worked fine with HS2 Standard or Pro.

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Thanks for the tips. I installed HS2, air-gapped from the rest of the house, and it successfully migrated my devices and events. I'm using the time to go over events and devices that I no longer need, have become stale or have other plugins that need migrated to. Once stable, I'll give the HS2 -> HS3 upgrade a go.

But, my one problem, does anyone know where I can find some of the plugins that were available on HS2? The ones that the updater always finds are the HS3 versions and they just crash and burn when HS2 tries to start them. It would be nice to get a stable HS2 with the HS2 version of the plugins I need.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by George View Post
    So, did procrastination work for me and I dodged a bullet by waiting? Or, no dice, and I just have to fat finger the entire system (devices, scripts, events, whatnot) all over again?
    Procrastination may have helped a little, but not as much as you want. There is no effective "converter" from HS2 to HS3. Many plug-ins will recreate your devices, but HS2 events will need to be recreated. Scripts will need some modification, but that is where procrastination has been most helpful. Ed Tenholder has developed some very effective tools to help. Look at his tenScripting, tenScriptAid, and tenHSEvents here: http://tenholder.net/tenWare2/homeseer.aspx

I found that, although it was a royal pain, the effort to move to HS3 was actually of value because it forced me to revisit my logic and the structure of my system overall. So, if you choose, you may be able to make some lemonade from your lemons.

Leave a comment:

• George
    started a topic HomeSeer Upgrade Path?

HomeSeer Upgrade Path?

Et al,

I've mostly configured my new HAI OmniPro II and am about ready to tackle moving my old HS 1.7 to HS3 Pro.
    But, of course, HS 1.7 won't recognize the 4.0b OmniPro. Hence the forklift upgrade.

The question I have is that the last time I was on the forums, I was turned off when it was announced that HS3 was not compatible with HS2. But I've now seen on the board that someone wrote an HS2 to HS3 converter and migration tool.

For an upgrade path so I don't have to retype hundreds of devices and events, not to mention scripts, can I install HS2 on my new machine and move over the directories and have HS2 upgrade itself and I can test.

Then, when I'm up on HS2, can I then run the HS2 -> HS3 conversion utility to move over the devices and events? Scripts, I know I will have to do some piddling with because of the new API calls. And, of course, I need to get my plugin's recompiled (if needed under HS3).

So, did procrastination work for me and I dodged a bullet by waiting? Or, no dice, and I just have to fat finger the entire system (devices, scripts, events, whatnot) all over again?

Thanks.
Working...
X