Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New floor thermostat released - with an API.. Who wants to build the PI then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post
    Has this problem been resolved? I would be interested in buying one of these as well as the PI.
    Yes that issue was resolved. There's other issues unrelated to this plugin I'm currently working out and dealing with so I don't have any estimate or time frame on any new plugin development at this moment.

Comment

Whenever you are ready I can help you to test
      Thanks

Comment

I would be willing to help as well. Please PM me with a cost for this thermostat.

Comment

At the moment until some issues are resolved no new plugins are going to be developed.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post
            At the moment until some issues are resolved no new plugins are going to be developed.
            Any updates on the PI? Thanks.

Comment

I am purchasing the NuHeat Thermostat for my tile flooring. I hope the PI is still being developed. I can help test and will definitely but it.

Comment

Simplextech is no longer active on the board, and not doing any HS development. IIRC Michael McSharry took over most of the Simplextech plugins. I would contact him directly to see if he also received any work-in-progress and if there are any plans to continue development.

https://forums.homeseer.com/member/4...chael-mcsharry
                My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Originally posted by JLehnert View Post
                  Simplextech is no longer active on the board, and not doing any HS development. IIRC Michael McSharry took over most of the Simplextech plugins. I would contact him directly to see if he also received any work-in-progress and if there are any plans to continue development.

https://forums.homeseer.com/member/4...chael-mcsharry
                  I'm still around but not as active as I once was. Existing plugins have been handed over to other developers. All Simplex Technology development for HomeSeer has been placed on hold until further notice.

-- Cute... after posting I see my Posts count is reduced to a fraction of what it was before I transferred plugins... real cute.

Comment

Since the Nvent nuheat signature thermostat works with IFTTT, do you still need to develop a plugin? I would like to control my floor heating via google assistant. Can homeseer events still work using IFTTT without a custom plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by devanb View Post
                      Since the Nvent nuheat signature thermostat works with IFTTT, do you still need to develop a plugin? I would like to control my floor heating via google assistant. Can homeseer events still work using IFTTT without a custom plugin?
                      A plugin is much better. It is local control, and you don't have to expose your entire HS3 system to IFTTT.

Comment

A plugin is much better. It is local control, and you don't have to expose your entire HS3 system to IFTTT.
                        Just because it's a plugin does not make it local control. Most Wifi device plugins are using a cloud based API. The same would be true with NuHeat as they only provide a cloud API for status/control of the thermostat. If all is wanted is to use a voice assistant like Google or Alexa there's no need for a HS plugin or IFTTT as NuHeat can be linked directly with Alexa or Google for status/control through their apps. Problem with that is then HS knows nothing about the thermostat so you can't use it in any events.

Comment

Just because it's a plugin does not make it local control. Most Wifi device plugins are using a cloud based API. The same would be true with NuHeat as they only provide a cloud API for status/control of the thermostat. If all is wanted is to use a voice assistant like Google or Alexa there's no need for a HS plugin or IFTTT as NuHeat can be linked directly with Alexa or Google for status/control through their apps. Problem with that is then HS knows nothing about the thermostat so you can't use it in any events.
                          True, but I still don't like the idea of giving the MyHS password to IFTTT.

Comment

Does homeseer allow you to make users with reduced access? For example I can make a user that has access to the thermostat and little else?

Comment

True, but I still don't like the idea of giving the MyHS password to IFTTT.
                              That's the whole reason I developed the MyHS Token plugin. For use with 3rd parties... the stability of MyHS in general though is questionable for automation use.

Comment

That's the whole reason I developed the MyHS Token plugin. For use with 3rd parties... the stability of MyHS in general though is questionable for automation use.
                                Thanks, I wasn't aware of that PI. I'll check it out. You're right about the stability of MyHS. All the more reason for you to finish the NuHeat PI .

Comment

Working...
                                X