Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New floor thermostat released - with an API.. Who wants to build the PI then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is anyone following up on making this plugin? I have a floor heater being put in next week with the iftt capable thermostat. Would be interested in getting a plugin. If not, could simple control be done with scripting?

Comment

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that PI. I'll check it out. You're right about the stability of MyHS. All the more reason for you to finish the NuHeat PI .
      NuHeat still requires OAuth which requires MyHS. I'm not working on any HS plugins for the time being. The ISY Polyglot Nodeserver is complete and available

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
        So is anyone following up on making this plugin? I have a floor heater being put in next week with the iftt capable thermostat. Would be interested in getting a plugin. If not, could simple control be done with scripting?
        Which thermostat?

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

NuHeat still requires OAuth which requires MyHS. I'm not working on any HS plugins for the time being. The ISY Polyglot Nodeserver is complete and available
          Not familiar with that one. Is it an alternative to HS?

Comment

Not familiar with that one. Is it an alternative to HS?
            ISY is primary an Insteon control system with support for Z-wave as well but primary is Insteon. Polyglot and Nodeserver's are the integration (plugin) mechanism for the system. It's not really like HS or other DIY platforms.

Comment

Which thermostat?
              The signature thermostat, the only one that has wifi and connects to their server.

https://www.nuheat.com/products/ther...ure-thermostat

Comment

Can OAuth through MyHS be done with scripting instead of plugin? Asking because it seems this plugin idea is dead.

Comment

ISY is primary an Insteon control system with support for Z-wave as well but primary is Insteon. Polyglot and Nodeserver's are the integration (plugin) mechanism for the system. It's not really like HS or other DIY platforms.
                  So would that help with floor heating thermostat integration?

Comment

I installed my nuheat Signature floor heating thermostat with WIFI. The programming schedule features are limited on the nuheat thermostat.

I want to set up events in HS to set floor heat temp on weekdays and weekends at designated times. The event would either raise or lower temp and vary by day. I don't see how to do it with IFTTT. Is a plugin still under consideration? Are there any other options?

Comment

Originally posted by jrhocker View Post
                      I installed my nuheat Signature floor heating thermostat with WIFI. The programming schedule features are limited on the nuheat thermostat.

I want to set up events in HS to set floor heat temp on weekdays and weekends at designated times. The event would either raise or lower temp and vary by day. I don't see how to do it with IFTTT. Is a plugin still under consideration? Are there any other options?
                      I'm right there with you. Just had floor heater installed and got the Signature thermostat. If you go to the nuheat website and setup your thermostat, you can set up schedules for weekdays and weekends and have multiple times for setting the thermostat.

I never did get IFTTT to work, but I don't consider it a reliable option given the problems people have had with IFTTT and Homeseer.

I would love a plugin, but no one has jumped on this to make one since Simplextech abandoned it. If there were a way to do it with scripting, I would try that, but I haven't looked into it.

Comment

I'm really hoping one of the coding experts here can create a NuHeat PI. I would definitely pay for it.

Comment

I would also pay for a Plugin for the Nuheat Signature.

I would even be willing to help fund the development.

simplextech, if you are still reselling these let me know. I believe I need to acquire two of them.

Comment

Originally posted by jnl View Post
                            I would also pay for a Plugin for the Nuheat Signature.

I would even be willing to help fund the development.

simplextech, if you are still reselling these let me know. I believe I need to acquire two of them.
                            At the moment I can't get them any cheaper than what Amazon has them for. Hard to compete with Amazon volume pricing. I'm not working on plugins currently due to the HS4 release and issues. If I did a plugin now it would ONLY be for HS3 and there would NOT be any free upgrade to HS4 because I don't even know if I will be developing for HS4 as the UI change also changed the entire device structure.

I'm not sure if it helps any but I have written a nodeserver for the ISY Polyglot system and I'm also working with Remote Technologies Inc now aka RTI on professional HA installations and I'll be developing a driver for RTI in the near future.

Comment

I have a Nuheat Signature set up and am pretty happy with it - I can't 'read' what it's set to in HS, but I can set it to Home and Away via HS easily. I find this is enough for me for now.

Here's what I've done;
                              1. Get the stat connected, Wifi etc. Set up Nuheat account online
                              2. Create a Group online at Nuheat and put your Signature into it. Home/Away only works for grouped stats.
                              3. IFTTT - create an account, add NuHeat and Webhooks as services to it.
                              4. Create a new recipe - Webhooks (receive request) if the 'If', Give it a meaningful name such as 'Set Nuheat to Home'
                              5. The 'Then' action is Nuheat, Pick 'Set group mode'
                              6. Select your newly created group - then set to 'Home'
                              That's your action, now we just need to figure out what HTTP request we need to send to IFTTT to trigger this.

Go back to Home on IFTTT - then click the Webhooks icon. From that page, click Documentation on the top right hand corner of the page. That will give you your 'key' - which, is key.

Now in HS, create an event, and the event action is to run a script. And here's the script I use (I have obfuscated my key so you don't mess with my heated floors for fun). I save this as a .vb script.

Code:
                              Function Main(parm as object)
                              dim result as object
                              result=hs.GetURL("http://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Webhook_LaundryFloor_Heating_Resume/with/key/<insert the key from the Webhooks page here>","/",TRUE,80)
                              return(result)
                              End Function
                              Now set this script to run whenever you want the Stat to be set to Home. And do another recipe/trigger for Away

Set up a schedule on the stat for normal day to day usage, and it will follow that when set to Home - and set to 41F indefinitely when set to Away.

Hope this helps someone. No need to add IFTTT PI integration to HS, just simple http requests being used here.

Comment

Survey.... So if I write the plugin how many would buy it?
                                I would buy it! Got 2 of those!!

Comment

Working...
                                X