Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

IF THEN ELSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this may help but here goes : I made a shutter for my TV cabinet with a two way motor (forward and reverse) then added two micro switches (NO/NC) whereby the door is assumed closed or open when either end. So the power to the motor comes from the position in which the micro switches are. Now all I added was an RF on/off power module but Zwave can also do.

Note: On a large gate safety should be taken into account that sensors be placed along the track in case an object gets in the way!

Edit: A two pole double throw relay (controlled by the RF module for automation) provides the power to the motor for either direction of the motor and the micro switches cut that power respectively on either ends of the door to obviously stop the motor.

The events are simple shutter close/open!

Eman.
    The People's Advocate.

Comment

UPDATE: I built "Open Gate" and "Close Gate" events separately. Been using them for over a week, and they both work exactly as expected with a 100% success rate. This thread helped immensely. THANKS TO ALL!

Comment

Originally posted by Schly View Post
        UPDATE: I built "Open Gate" and "Close Gate" events separately. Been using them for over a week, and they both work exactly as expected with a 100% success rate. This thread helped immensely. THANKS TO ALL!
        Did you use Events like I suggested in post 28 above?
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Did you use Events like I suggested in post 28 above?
          Yes, that’s what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Schly View Post

Yes, that’s what I did.
            I’m happy they worked for you.

Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Working...
            X