Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mimolite Momentary switch - Homeseer display icons treat it as an ON/OFF device.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mimolite Momentary switch - Homeseer display icons treat it as an ON/OFF device.

I have a Mimolite set up as a momentary switch. It act like a momentary switch in Homeseer with the exception that if I hit "ON" the software icon changes to "ON" and stays that way until I hit "OFF". The electronic part works fine and the rest of the software works fine.

What do I need to change so that Homeseer knows it's set up as a Momentary switch and just changes to "ON" for 1/2 second or so, then goes back to displaying the switch as "OFF"?

Was the jumper on the mimo set to momentary BEFORE enrolling? Without looking it up I believe the mimo lite requires this. I've had to unenroll, move the jumper and re-enroll to get it in the desired mode.
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Did you remove the P5 jumper before including the Mimolite into HS3?

Here's the section of the manual that discusses when the P5 jumper state is read:

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
        Was the jumper on the mimo set to momentary BEFORE enrolling? Without looking it up I believe the mimo lite requires this. I've had to unenroll, move the jumper and re-enroll to get it in the desired mode.
        Yes. And it's working properly as far as the hardware and software is concerned, EXCEPT for how it displays the activity icon. And it's been un-paired and re-paired once and results in the same setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Schly View Post

Yes. And it's working properly as far as the hardware and software is concerned, EXCEPT for how it displays the activity icon. And it's been un-paired and re-paired once and results in the same setup.
          I have the same exact issue with all my Mimolites.... Homeseer leaves the devices marked as on when used as a momentary switch.

If I remember correctly, the Mimolite only sends a Z-Wave message to Homeseer when the contact closes when configured as a momentary switch. It does not send a signal when the contact opens. I solved the problem by creating an event that monitors the switch and turns it off 3 seconds after it has been turned on...

IF Memolite changes and becomes ON,
          THEN Wait 3 Seconds
          THEN Control Device - Set Memolite to OFF

You may need to adjust your wait time according to how long you have the momentary switch programmed to remained closed.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

I have the same exact issue with all my Mimolites.... Homeseer leaves the devices marked as on when used as a momentary switch.

If I remember correctly, the Mimolite only sends a Z-Wave message to Homeseer when the contact closes when configured as a momentary switch. It does not send a signal when the contact opens. I solved the problem by creating an event that monitors the switch and turns it off 3 seconds after it has been turned on...

THEN Wait 3 Seconds

You may need to adjust your wait time according to how long you have the momentary switch programmed to remained closed.

--Barry
            This is a simple and easy solution as long as it doesn't trigger the momentary switch. I assume "OFF" does not trigger the switch? I haven't actually tried that yet.

Comment

It acts like a momentary switch in Homeseer with the exception that if I hit "ON" the software icon changes to "ON" and stays that way until I hit "OFF".
              It may be that what you are experiencing is the way it's supposed to work. I've looked at the MIMOlite Technical Appendix, and I can't find anything that says it reports to the controller the automatic termination of a momentary relay activation. (However, I may have missed something.)

If you don't need 100 millisecond resolution of your relay latch time, I'd be inclined to back off, and let HS3 handle your momentary activation:
              1. Set up your MIMOlite to use latching output.
              2. Create an HS3 event that is triggered when HS3 commands the MIMOlite control switch "ON". The event would have just one action statement:
                THEN <turn off MIMOlite device> after a delay of xx seconds.
              This workaround will display your switch status as you would expect. It has negligible system overhead. But you can specify the ON time only as an integral number of seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by ericg View Post

It may be that what you are experiencing is the way it's supposed to work. I've looked at the MIMOlite Technical Appendix, and I can't find anything that says it reports to the controller the automatic termination of a momentary relay activation. (However, I may have missed something.)

If you don't need 100 millisecond resolution of your relay latch time, I'd be inclined to back off, and let HS3 handle your momentary activation:
                1. Set up your MIMOlite to use latching output.
                2. Create an HS3 event that is triggered when HS3 commands the MIMOlite control switch "ON". The event would have just one action statement:
                  THEN <turn off MIMOlite device> after a delay of xx seconds.
                This workaround will display your switch status as you would expect. It has negligible system overhead. But you can specify the ON time only as an integral number of seconds.
                I've done this now, but I can tell you, I just came from a Vera setup and it installed and worked exactly like I'd expect. It would blink "ON" for a few seconds, then show "OFF".

Frustrating that Homeseer doesn't behave the same.

Comment

I've done this now, but I can tell you, I just came from a Vera setup and it installed and worked exactly like I'd expect. It would blink "ON" for a few seconds, then show "OFF".

Frustrating that Homeseer doesn't behave the same.
                  I have not used Vera much, but I helped a frustrated neighbor with his for a year or so before he switched to HomeSeer. It certainly appeared that Vera polled Z-Wave devices (by watching older Jasco switches), which may account for the difference in operation. Try manually polling the device and see if the status changes to Off. If that resolves the issue, then enable polling on the one device.

It may be frustrating that HomeSeer is not behaving the same, but there are many, many ways HomeSeer is better and it can accomplish exactly what you want, if you don't expect it to behave the same.

I also would highly recommend that you use a "Wait" instead of a Delayed Device Action, when you are only looking at a couple of seconds. A Delayed Device Action creates another Event with a time trigger, using a little more overhead than a Wait command. For longer delays a Delayed Device action is preferable to a Wait (suspended Event).
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

THEN Wait 3 Seconds

--Barry
                    Just wanted to follow up and let you know that this worked. I have another thread where I tried to figure out if the gate was open then don't trigger anything if I asked to open it, and if it's closed, and I ask it to Close, don't trigger an action.

I built those events and got them working and each event calls this event to reset the on/off state of the device and it works perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X