Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZXT-600 Supported? (Z-Wave to IR Air Conditioner Interface)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZXT-600 Supported? (Z-Wave to IR Air Conditioner Interface)

Is the ZXT-600 Z-Wave to IR Mini-Split Air Conditioner interface supported by HS3? (It looks like a good way to control mini-split air conditioners that use an IR interface.)

----------
    ZXT-600 Features:
    • Convert Z-Wave commands to IR signal for up to 250 Brands of split Air Conditioner with best class of worldwide AC model coverage
    • Working as a Z-Wave thermostat
    • Ever green up-to-date cloud-based IR code library
    • Easy-to-use and advanced learning search approach
    • Room temperature feedback
    • Flawlessly work with any Z-wave compliant gateway
    • Support classic inclusion and NWI
    • Built-in air conditioner IR codes, as well as cloud-based IR code library
    • IR learning back up
    • Built-in temperature sensor for room temperature report

+1

Comment

I am interested in this as well, anybody have experience in this product?

Comment

I actually just bought a ZXT-600, but have not yet had time to set it up. I will report back once I do.

Comment

Please let us know if it works with HomeSeer

Comment

I have one coming today so will probably attack it in a day or two and report back as well!

Comment

I ordered one within 20 seconds of seeing this thread! Did not know something like this existed and I have had no luck with Global Cache. THIS IS AWESOME! It is THE last thing to be automated at our house!

Comment

I would also be interested. I purchased a ZXT-120 in 2017, it included in HomeSeer, but it would not work properly with my LG mini splits.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Haig
                  I have a similar situation here, with a Frigidaire portable AC unit. It included just fine, albeit as a non-secure device even though it is claimed to be a security device. All the child devices are setup and seem to be provisioned properly. The temperature sensor does not do anything, and updated once at midnight last night but was zero all day whilst I was attempting to thrash this thing into submission. It can't be polled as HomeSeer thinks its a battery operated device even though I set it up to be awake all the time. So no re-scan or anything z-wave is possible. The setup instructions are at least for me a twist mess and I wish I understood a little more about the parameter settings necessary to use the internal library of codes. Anyway, I set the unit to report every hour but as the temperature never updates I do not believe that is happening either. For the moment I am going to assume the problem is me and keep beating it a little more, but frustration is in my future if I cannot make any further progress.
                  Is this a ZXT-120 or a ZXT-600?

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I am using a ZXT-600 and it would appear that most of my issues were that the needed IR codes are not part of included library. The learning curve is a little mind boggling as the instructions leave you to interpolate some of the steps into something you can get your arms around and actually implement into a meaningful outcome. But once you get the hang of it, the parameter 25 settings can be made without issue. If learning is needed, it's pointless to enter every value but rather just the ones you will be using. Any value which is not learned will simply be ignored if a command is sent via the device controls. The child devices that are set up with the initial inclusion don't correspond to the learned values in a way that is reasonably intuitive. I am thinking that the device functions might make more sense if the pre-loaded IR codes were used but not so much when the learning option is used. I am guessing I will just hide them and create my own control devices. So, once again, if using the learning function, getting up to speed with the necessary steps is a little bit on the clunky side, but the good news is, it sends a control signal to my AC unit, and the unit responds according. Not bad considering its an imperfect world, and this thing is a giant leap forwards, having gained this kind of functionality. For now, I do believe it’s a keeper.

Comment

A couple other tidbits that might be helpful is that parameter 25 is a 1 byte value and parameter 27 if you are lucky enough to use the built in IR codes uses a 2 byte value. Another wee bit of oddness is the learning process would not succeed with the USB power applied. I needed to be running on the batteries for it to perform faithfully.

Another little trick that can be used to verify if your leaned parameter was successful is to send a null value to parameter 26 which is a read only register. It will return an indication as to what happened in the last learning attempt. [1 = O.K.] [2 = Busy Processing Previous Learning Request] [3 = All Locations Are Being Used] and [4 = Request Failed]. Clearly you are looking for a 1 and after checking, register 26 is reset to 0 which = idle.

Last but not least, when you are done learning all the codes you need, you must go to parameter 27 and enter a 2 byte 0 before the unit will be ready to actually send the codes to your air conditioner. You must do this every time you learn or re-learn a code to re-enable sending of an IR signal. When learning or re-learning a code, you might have to submit the parameter 25 value more than once until the green light comes on steady. Without that steady lamp, learning will not take place.

Hopefully that's useful to some one as general knowledge of this thing is a little on the sparse side. But again, like I said in my last post, if you stick with it, it will do the job!

Comment

It is supported. Very difficult to set up (no fault of HomeSeer the device is just a pain with all of the different codes). Of course the one brand of portable AC unit that I have would not be supported (Whynter). I was able to track down their parent company in China and try some codes from a different manufacturer to get it to work. Was able to get it to turn on and off but it was so frustrating I ended up removing it from the system - sitting on a shelf now. I assume it would have been easier with a supported AC unit.

Comment

I got my ZXT-600 hooked into HomeSeer, but now I cannot for the life of me get it to work with my air conditioner (Frigidaire window unit). I am very much a novice as this is only my second device in HomeSeer, so I wanted to make sure I am doing this right. I'm not sure if the issue is my air conditioner or user error. First I go into the parent device, then I go to the Z-Wave tab, then I expand the settings section, then I set Parameter Number to 72 and Value Size to 2 Bytes, then edit Value to the code for my air conditioner, then click submit, then click set, and then click done. Is this the proper procedure? Because when I edit the Value the number I entered shows up, but when I click set, it seems to go back to 0. Any help or a real basic walkthrough for newbies would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

After some struggle and rereading Dave Haig's posts several times, I got our Mitsubishi to turn on and off!! That's good enough for me. No plan to teach all the other stuff. Now we can shut the A/C off in the game room on the opposite side of the house when we leave. Don't have to go all the way to the other side to check to see if it is on or not.
                            Have it turn on and off automatically based on the temp on a multisensory. Easy Peasy.
                            TOTALLY worth sixty bucks.

Comment

Mitsubishi MSZ-GE series splits fully working.

Comment

Working...
                              X