Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set Events page as the initial start-up web page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set Events page as the initial start-up web page?

I would like the "Events" page to be the initial start-up page for HomeSeer.

I have been unable to do this in Settings + Custom + Use Custom Page 1 as Home Page and setting the URL. I have tried just "Events" and "http://<IPAddress>/Events and neither works. (I get error: "404 Bad Request: \Events")

The main reason I want to use Events as the initial page is that the Device Information page that isa the normal default takes almost a minute to fully load (I have a LOT of devices.)

Suggestions?

Try leaving off the 'http://' In my case, '192.168.1.4:81/Events' seems to work.
    To speed up loading of devices page, filter the device list to the few that you want to look at most often.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Used: 10.10.10.30/Events 404 Bad Request: \10.10.10.30/Events

The IP address 10.10.10.30 is correct although I usually use a DNS name to access it.

I tried the DNS name "HomeAutomation.DomainNameHere.com/Events" and it didn't work: 404 Bad Request: \HomeAutomation.DomainNameHere.com/Events

I don't know where that leading slash is coming from in the error message. It looks like a clue to the problem.

Comment

Set the URL to "/Events".

I found that the very first time I clicked 'Home' after checking 'Use Custom Page 1 as Home Page', I got a similar error, "404 Bad Request: \/Events". But then clicked Back and clicked Home again, it worked as expected. Go figure.

HS3 3.0.0.534 Windows 7

Comment

All you really need to do is open the Events page in your browser, and set that as a Home Page. It will open when you start your browser.
          Alternatively, create a desktop shortcut with the Events page as the destination. Opening that shortcut will open the Events page first.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
          X