Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Aeotec Zstick PLUS a Znet in new house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeotec Zstick PLUS a Znet in new house

I'm moving houses soon, and was planning on getting a second Znet to broaden the coverage (4100 sqft). in packing, I found an order (~3 years?) Aeotec Zstick I bought when I first moved to HS from Vera.

instead of using two Znets… thought I might use the Aeotec as a secondary controller.

any thoughts or pitfalls on this approach?

To cover more area you need to setup two Z-Wave networks and the logical way of doing this is to use the ZStick on the hardware and a remote Z-Net to cover "the other area".
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Rupp.

So I guess my questions is that does setting up a second network "never hurt" and might help. In my current 3500 sqft house I have one Znet installed fairly centrally, and experience very little (if any) lag at times... with that kind of performance, would adding a second help much?

For example.... if they are just above each other on separate floors... so fairly close, is there any competing issues? Is it just the possibility of getting a device the chance to go through less hops to the controller?

Also, when adding a device, I assume you pick which controller at the time of inclusion. Is there any indication which is closer and a better connection?

thanks.

Comment

Bump. Sorry if this is obvious... Trying to get my ducks in a row before the move.

Thoughts/advice?

Comment

Working...
        X