Quick question about Z-Stick and Z-Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question about Z-Stick and Z-Net

When adding Z-Net as second controller to Z-Stick I get error about security which did not bother me too much until I discovered some issues and I was wondering if it needs attention. I added two Z-Nets as I have two networks and in both cases I got the same error message. Unfortunately I did not write it down.

When I include new device to main controller (Z-Stick) it syncs network information with Z-Net at the end as expected. I get message below. It looks like success but number of devices will not update on Z-net so that let me think that it did not go that well. I have to go to Z-net menu and Sync with main interface to make it happen.

In other words I have to manually sync network from Z-net user interface after every inclusion to keep device in sync. Is that normal? Everything is hardwired running latest version of HS3 Pro, Z-Stick 2nd gen and Z-Net 2.

Getting controller data from the main interface to update the network information to the most current available...
    Saving network information to file: ZNet_Indian Hills HA_DFD22ED5_2019-06-25_10.00.48.ZWave. Please wait...
    Done!
    Updating the network information on all Inclusion Controller interfaces...
    ... Processing: Z-NET-Laundry-Room-HA (3)
    Z-NET-Laundry-Room-HA successfully received a network update.
    Done updating the remote interfaces.

Why do you want two networks with the same information. I would recommend setting up two distinct networks to cover more area if that is what you are attempting to accomplish. Making an interface a secondary is typically used for handheld remotes.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I don't want two network with same information. I have two networks because of number devices.

I want same information on both Primary and secondary Z-wave devices on same network. I figured that should be synced automatically as you include new device. But it is not happening for me.

I have mentioned second network only because it is acting same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post

I want same information on both Primary and secondary Z-wave devices on same network. I figured that should be synced automatically as you include new device. But it is not happening for me.

I have mentioned second network only because it is acting same way.
        They don't sync automatically. It needs to be manually done AFAIK.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

They don't sync automatically. It needs to be manually done AFAIK.
          Ok. So what is this message referring to then? Device was included using Z-Stick and Z-Net is secondary Z-wave interface on the same network.

It is looking to me like the network update would be because device was included or is there something else network related that gets updated?

Done updating the remote interfaces

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post

Ok. So what is this message referring to then? Device was included using Z-Stick and Z-Net is secondary Z-wave interface on the same network.

It is looking to me like the network update would be because device was included or is there something else network related that gets updated?

Done updating the remote interfaces
            Not sure. Maybe "always on" secondary controllers do receive some updates automatically, but as you indicated earlier, new nodes don't seem to make it from the primary to the secondary. I've only used battery powered secondary controllers (remotes) and they need to be manually sync'd to get an updated node list.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

But... When you remove device from primary controller it will get automatically removed from secondary controller.

I thought maybe there is problem in communication due to error I got while setting up Z-net secondary controller. Just wanted to check what others have experienced so I can either fix it or get better understanding.

Comment

Working...
              X