HS3 event fails to start other HS3 events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 event fails to start other HS3 events

I have HS3 event that is supposed to run 3 other HS3 events. Manual trigger. No conditions.
    It does run only 2 out of 3 events. Also the 3 events are very similar to each other. They do have conditions and I checked the checkbox for the main event to respect these conditions. Now, when conditions are not met the log says so. In this case the third event never starts so it's not a matter of meeting or not the conditions which BTW are met. One more detail I trigger the main event by Google Home. It does show as triggered in the log so I'm reluctant to blame GH integration.
    Tried adding 1 sec. delay between the 3 events. Also made them all "priority" events. Nothing helps. Any ideas of what's causing such strange behavior?

Thanks,

RISquare

A screen shot of the event that is not running might help. I assume the event runs as expected when run from the button on the event. Have you tried running the event from another test event that runs only the troublesome one?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

It works consistently without any problems if the event is started by a button press on HS3 screen.
      It is very erratic when same event is triggered by Google Home voice command. Just observed an instance when the main event triggered (confirmed in the log) and none of the 3 events that it was supposed to run did start. Nothing in the log. Just the start of the main event.

Comment

That is odd. I've had some problems with GH, but not like that. I really have no clue, but if it were happening to me I'd probably start by rebuilding the main event from scratch in case there is a subtle problem with the original event, but that's grasping at a straw I'm afraid. Another thing to try would be to rebuild the event in stages, adding one action, testing, then another action, more testing, and then the third action to see if the behavior is related to the successive run event actions.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Resolved. It was happening for a stupid reason. The three events had an option "do not re-run for 1 minute". When I was testing with GH I was quick to test back and forth without letting the 1 minute expire. Testing with the computer was slower as I needed to go to the computer and always worked :-) The only problem here with HS3 is that HS3 doesn't report in the logs when it skips event execution for this particular reason.

Comment

Working...
          X