Velux Netatmo and KLF200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Velux Netatmo and KLF200

I was able to automate my Velux sky windows and blinds using a KLF200 and four Mimolite relays. The KLF200 was fairly easy to program. Sure wish there was a more straightforward method of interfacing with it rather than relying on the relays.

With Velux publishing an official AP I at the end of 2018, I think there is some open source software out there like a node red implementation. I’m getting our old manual Velux replaced with a new solar model and looking to buy a KLF 200 - will post back here when the dollars have been spent...

https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-red-contrib-velux

BBB

Comment

BBB -

Were you able to connect to the KLF200 using node-red-contrib-velux? I have been unsuccessful.

Comment

jameseoconnor

I'm currently trying to get this working as I just upgraded to HS4 and added a Node Red container. Learning Node Red as I go. Controlling a HS device was pretty straightforward, I'm still struggling to get a Node Red configuration that does anything. I believe its connecting to my KLF200 and that can control a couple of skylights and a blind using the wired inputs.
        I've yet to find an example of a working setup that I can start with and modify. You had any luck?

Comment

OK after a great deal of frustration to the point of just throwing the hole thing in the trash, I finally have at least one skylight under Node Red control.
          I originally setup the KLF200 using the method that allows the wired control wires to open and close, that worked just fine. Setting up the Velux node resulted in endless "Cannot Get Scene List" messages and nothing else seemed to work. I was going to use relays, but that has limited functionality and added an Arduino into the mix.

The key to using the Node Red Velux palette, seems to be, you need at least one scene defined otherwise the Velux node will not work, period. (not sure, but that is what I observe)
          In Europe they get the two way remotes, for me in the US, I get the one way and no way to define scenes.
          What I did to get it to work was reset the KLF to factory, also one of the remotes and the skylight (all a complete pain) as the system will not relearn a previously learn't remote even after factory resetting the KLF200.

Once everything is factory, setup a single remote (i have one way remote KLI 110) to pair with the skylight and confirm it works again.
          [EDIT] Following another factory reset, you can still use the documented method of pairing remotes to the KLF200 using the "shorting wire" method, this has the advantage of automatically configuring the "Connections" and sets it up as an Interface.

Now, power up the KLF 200 and connect to the WiFi setup pages. (Connect to the Velux_xxxxx network (password on back of unit) and http://klf200.velux password velux123)
          [Skip this step if you learn't the products the other way] Setup as an Interface and use the search for a product function, follow the instructions and it should learn the product the remote was paired with. (2 days to get to this point!!)(Note previously this step would result in no products found, until I reset the remote and the skylight). [Edit] If you do learn through the web interface, you will need to assign the input and output connections otherwise the KLF200 will not be fully configured and will not work properly.

In the web interface, After it has learnt the product you can rename it with a more friendly name.
          Next go to the program tab and record a program (scene). Basically hit the record program button, do something on the remote (open to 50% and stop), enter a name for the program and hit save. ignore that the scrolling bar does not stop. You should now have a scene defined in the menu.
          Now in Node Red, drop a Velux Node in a flow, configure the IP address of the KLF200 and the WiFi password, add an Inject and a debug, hit deploy and it should just connect.
          Add a Velux Scene node and you should see your "program/scene" name in the drop down box.
          If you add the Velux API node, that will automatically get the GW version and the drop down <API> will be populated with the supported API functions. Before it just sat there and did nothing!

At this point, I'm just happy I can trigger a scene that opens a single skylight 50% and I don't get continuous "Can get scene list" messages"

If I get the energy, I may put together a How-To as I feel there are many gaps in how the Velux Palette should work.

Comment

Horse,

i have followed your instructions several times but have had no luck. Do you have to use an ethernet cable to connect or can you do it via WiFi?

i have tried via WiFi and can not make a connection which returns the supported API functions. Also, the only scenes it returns are default velocity, silent mode (slow) and fast velocity.

Comment

Jamesoconner, apologies for the very long delay, started new job and its kept me very busy. Yes I'm using an Ethernet. I would need to check, but something tells me that is the only way the API is supported, can't remember where I read that. I'll check back for often, let me know how it goes. In addition there was an update made to the velux NR contrib so it now ignores the error if no scene list. Regards

Comment

Working...
              X