What are the best Motion sensors being used recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the best Motion sensors being used recently

I am looking to add more motion sensors to my home to sense movement through the house.
    Don't need all the features in all rooms.
    I have 3 HSM200+ HomeSeer multi sensors that I have been using. They are ok, but don't do well having to be plugged in to an outlet. Bedrooms can have poor options for placement and in the living room "things" tend to get placed infant of them often.

I just purchased a ZSE40 from Zooz to see how that works.

What other models has everyone had success using in the past and would buy more of for a whole home setup.

I am looking at 10-15 more to cover the entire house to setup wasp in a box logic.

I've tried them all, but by far my favorite is the Ecolink Z-Wave motion sensor. They are as good as the hard-wired Honeywells I have in several locations. I am using the Ecolinks both indoors and outdoors, and they perform flawlessly. Good long range detection, as far as 30-50 feet outdoors. They are easy to install, and battery life is excellent too. Only complaint is they are a bit pricey, buy in my opinion well worth it.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQXXG0I/

--Barry

Comment

logman how fast is the response on those? I've found that most Z-Wave sensors response time is VERY slow. The ZSE02 from Zooz has so far been the fastest I've found without a lot of false positives.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post
        logman how fast is the response on those? I've found that most Z-Wave sensors response time is VERY slow. The ZSE02 from Zooz has so far been the fastest I've found without a lot of false positives.
        +1 for the zooz. I haven't tried the ecolink but will.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I like the ZSE18 from Zooz, powered by USB. Seems fast enough for me (sensitivity dialled up to full) and additional routing nodes is good for the network.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post
            It's instantaneous. There is a visible green led on the sensor that turns on when motion is detected and then the Homeseer event is triggered instantly. I honestly can tell no difference in the response time between my wired Honeywells and the Ecolinks. I also like too that there is a "test" dip-switch that resets the motion sensor after 5 seconds. I actually have all mine set permanently to the "test" position, which makes them respond to repeated motion quicker (every 5 seconds). Only downside to that is shorter battery life. However I still am getting 2+ years out of the battery so I can't complain.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

It's instantaneous. There is a visible green led on the sensor that turns on when motion is detected and then the Homeseer event is triggered instantly. I honestly can tell no difference in the response time between my wired Honeywells and the Ecolinks. I also like too that there is a "test" dip-switch that resets the motion sensor after 5 seconds. I actually have all mine set permanently to the "test" position, which makes them respond to repeated motion quicker (every 5 seconds). Only downside to that is shorter battery life. However I still am getting 2+ years out of the battery so I can't complain.

--Barry
              I'm curious now. I think I'll order one for testing. The bane of z-wave for me has been the slow sensors. However I liked the Ecolink door sensors as they were very nice with the exception that HS couldn't reset the tamper notification

Comment

--Barry
                I like the sensor. It would perfect sensor if we could set motion reset time. Test mode is good way to deal with that but it eliminates pet imunity feature. I am wondering why they don't let us change the motion reset time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post

I like the sensor. It would perfect sensor if we could set motion reset time. Test mode is good way to deal with that but it eliminates pet imunity feature. I am wondering why they don't let us change the motion reset time.
                  Actually you can use 2 jumpers (one on pet immunity and one on test) and retain the pet immunity feature. That's how I have my indoor sensors setup because we have 2 indoor cats. For the outdoor sensors I leave the pet immunity jumper off so that I can have maximum detection distance.

--Barry

Comment

Actually you can use 2 jumpers (one on pet immunity and one on test) and retain the pet immunity feature. That's how I have my indoor sensors setup because we have 2 indoor cats. For the outdoor sensors I leave the pet immunity jumper off so that I can have maximum detection distance.

--Barry
                    Funny you have mentioned that because I was just trying exactly that last night and it was acting weird for me so I thought may be only one jumper can be used..

May be I should do more testing.

Comment

--Barry
                      Another data point...we have one in our kitchen that is tripped many, many times throughout the day and evening (our kitchen is also the connector between 2 living areas) and the battery lasts about 6 months which I find very good. I also keep all mine in "test" mode for quick reset time.
                      -Wade

Comment

Working...
                      X