Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt

Does anyone know if there is a way to integrate the new Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Homeseer like we could with the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt Z-WAVE PLUS?

Subscribed

Comment

I bought a Vera Plus in hopes that the HS PI would be able to do just that. Unfortunetly that PI doesn't support locks just yet. So I use the vera app to unlock the lock. There app works with alexa as well. Just no HS integration ...
      -Skybolt

Comment

Folks - I did a little digging last week into what's up with the Encode locks, wrote a piece on it over on my blog. Long story short, hopefully we'll have some sort of API access later this year.

https://theresnomon.co/the-current-s...s-7e981f404501

re: vera plus - I came from that platform. *shudder* I see support for the schlage Z-Wave locks there (I used them with vera), but I don't see support for Encode?

Comment

Thx for the detailed article jlkinsel. Also looking for a wifi/mqtt based deadbolt. Not using Zwave at the moment and not sure i want to add another controller solely for deadbolt usage. Also zwave future doesn't seem that bright from what i i read so far.
          ​​​​​
          open to other users feedback & suggestions.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...mhz-compatible

Comment

Want to bump this topic and see if anyone has the Schlage Encode Wifi incorporated into the HS4 ?

How is the battery life of the Wifi vs Z-Wave? need about 6 new locks I'm trying to decide on Z-Wave or Wifi .....

Devoir

Comment

I just looked around, don't see anything from Yonomi yet about a public API. :/

WiFi performance seems OK, depends on usage. The actively used door I've replaced batteries once this year, the less used still has original batteries. Without anything close to solid stats, I'd say they seem similar.

Being able to access the locks from the schlage app when the home automation system down is a plus - I've wanted that once or twice this year for the zwave locks. Don't think I'd go back to zwave.

Comment

Eight months have passed. Does anyone have an update?

Comment

+1 Bump.... I'm about to replace several external doors. and want a good lock...

Comment

Got tired of waiting for a decent wifi option. Since my thermostats and roller blinds were Zigbee, I opted for Yale Locks on Zigbee. HS/Zigbee integration via MQTT. All local. No cloud. Works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post
                      Got tired of waiting for a decent wifi option. Since my thermostats and roller blinds were Zigbee, I opted for Yale Locks on Zigbee. HS/Zigbee integration via MQTT. All local. No cloud. Works perfectly.
                      thx for the info. Any reason you chose Yale vs Schlage?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

thx for the info. Any reason you chose Yale vs Schlage?
                        Already had all my thermostats and rollerblinds on a Zigbee2MQTT USB bridge/stick so I checked their database for locks with Pin_code support;
                        Yale had more models supported so went for it. Really satisifed with the ease of use, quality, battery life, status and controls available:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 230556.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1553864

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 231405.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1553865

Comment

Working...