Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with Fibaro FGBS-222-US Smart Implant adding child devices

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    RoChess

    The Fibaro hub runs at 250-350 CDN$. I paid about 60 for the implant. And I already run 3 hubs, a ZNet, a Zigbee and an ISY with PL and ZWave. Adding another hub at 4 times the price of the device is pretty hard to justify. Let alone the increasing complexity. Adding 2 or 3 smart implant would still cost less.

    I have not tested this myself yet but given the inclusion results differences mentioned in this thread, the fault definitely lies in Fibaro's yard.

    What's bugging me the most is that I haven't seen any application using SP/SD temp. sensor input. Until I either see this or try it myself, I'm going blind. And that is not exactly fun.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by RoChess View Post
      and I also don't like them for withholding firmware updates unless you have their controller
      While Fibaro used to be strict on that, they have now told many of us they will happily embrace firmware updates with HomeSeer if HST work with them on it.

      That's pretty HUGE - just like Aeotec provide firmware updates only for HomeSeer (aside from their own stand-alone installers which require excluding/reincluding) Fibaro devices being updatable only by HomeSeer and Fibaro would be massive!

      There is thread here somewhere where a bunch of us have pleaded for HST to take up that offer but we haven't heard any word on this.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
        While Fibaro used to be strict on that, they have now told many of us they will happily embrace firmware updates with HomeSeer if HST work with them on it.
        That is HUGE indeed, because I like Fibaro devices, but I was never a fan of their closed-eco-system hubs, so if they are willing to embrace HomeSeer that is great. Fibaro for their devices always includes all the Z-Wave parameters in their manuals and do not restrict their devices to work on other hubs (provided they support all the classes).

        Hopefully, with HS4 now more or less launched, there will be time for the HomeSeer developers to look into this, because you would think it should not take a very long time development wise (difficult to say without full insight obviously), seeing as the core-code is already there the way it works for Aeotec/AeonLabs devices. It should benefit Fibaro from being able to sell more devices to HomeSeer users weary of being unable to update firmware, and HomeSeer becomes an even more attractive hub solution compared to others.

        Now if only RJH sees this as a win-win then maybe it is possible to schedule this in on the roadmap (perhaps macromark can be of assistance).

        Comment


          #19
          I agree.

          Sad to hear that HS is silent on this, would be too nice. Inter operation ability has been at the heart of z-wave since the beginning. It's been the holy promise in fact.

          This is not new from HS but I won't expand too much on that. I can understand a company has priorities and goals, especially with HS4 coming out. But when your users base ask for something they should at least consider it, answer the users base and possibly put it on their road plan.

          Comment


            #20
            Fortunately, I saw this thread before I bought several of these devices. I was planning to connect 0-10V ultra sonic sensors to measure water levels but will skip this device if it doesn't work in HS. Is there any support for this device's inputs in HS?

            Comment


              #21
              These things look great if they work. Have you checked the settings on pages 27-28 of the manual? The default setting is that reporting is disabled. Maybe?

              https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/m...-EN-T-v1.2.pdf
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

              Enabled Plug-Ins:
              2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

              Comment


                #22
                Looking for some help here guys. I bought one of these as I want Homeseer to be able to see the status of my Ajax Alarm using a Relay. The Alarm has a relay which changes state when the alarm is activated and that part works fine. I bought a Smart implant to connect to this relay, which I have connected on Input 1 and Ground. Which, in theory should detect a change in state when the relay opens (it is set to NC). I have adopted the Smart Implant and see the 7 Child devices. I set parameter 20 to 0 which should be NC for the Input 1. My problem is I have to idea what settings I should be changing in HS or where to even look to see the status change. HS provides so much data and parameters for ZWave devices but I cannot find a simple guide on what all of these mean. I have 5 Fibaro dimmer modules which I have managed to configure as they kind of make sense , but my options here just make no sense and I am lost. Would anybody be kind enough to help - all I need is Input 1 to change state when the attached relay is either open or closed.

                Thank you in advance

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Mushii View Post
                  Looking for some help here guys. I bought one of these as I want Homeseer to be able to see the status of my Ajax Alarm using a Relay. The Alarm has a relay which changes state when the alarm is activated and that part works fine. I bought a Smart implant to connect to this relay, which I have connected on Input 1 and Ground. Which, in theory should detect a change in state when the relay opens (it is set to NC). I have adopted the Smart Implant and see the 7 Child devices. I set parameter 20 to 0 which should be NC for the Input 1. My problem is I have to idea what settings I should be changing in HS or where to even look to see the status change. HS provides so much data and parameters for ZWave devices but I cannot find a simple guide on what all of these mean. I have 5 Fibaro dimmer modules which I have managed to configure as they kind of make sense , but my options here just make no sense and I am lost. Would anybody be kind enough to help - all I need is Input 1 to change state when the attached relay is either open or closed.

                  Thank you in advance
                  How did you get Homeseer to enroll the 7 child devices? How did you include the implant?
                  Thanks in advance!

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Greetings Mushii,

                    What do your devices look like? How is it wired? I haven't played with one for a while but I'll get it out and look at it for you.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Fibaro.PNG
Views:	81
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	1452455

                    Thanks,

                    Roger

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Roger D View Post
                      Greetings Mushii,

                      What do your devices look like? How is it wired? I haven't played with one for a while but I'll get it out and look at it for you.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Fibaro.PNG
Views:	81
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	1452455

                      Thanks,

                      Roger
                      Hi Roger!
                      I have everything but temperature:

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I just created a ticket with number HSC-5856 and hope all temperature child devices get implemented on short term. I started to look at Homey. Seems to support it. So seriously considering the switch if no satisfactory response on my ticket.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ticket homeseer.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	1459078

                        ‚Äč

                        Comment


                          #27
                          I hope HS acts on this. The Fibaro is reasonably priced and, IMHO would greatly expand the capabilities of HS. Keeping it competitive in the market. I even offered to send HS one of my units for them to work with.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X