Issues with Fibaro FGBS-222-US Smart Implant adding child devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avpman View Post
    If I do it this way will the Fibaro Implant be able to send data to HS and allow me to trigger based on certain statuses of the implant? For example, read the temperature data, and the input switches? I am using the implant specifically to send data to HS. I am not controlling anything with it. Thanks!
    I've got a few Fibaro devices, but they all connect direct, so never had the need to go full controller slave route.

However, I was always enjoying the usage of cheap Intermatic HA07 controllers which work fine on my old Vera3 controller, but are not supported by HomeSeer. For that reason I keep meaning to include my old Vera3 controller as a slave controller just for those HA07 controllers which I can use as cheap scene-controllers. Just wasn't in any rush as I'm using a Stream Deck at the moment as well as mobile devices and have everything else pretty much automated with motion sensor triggered scenes.

You'll just have to trial-and-error, hence my comment to ensure you got backups to revert back to.

In theory it should work fine for what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post

I've got a few Fibaro devices, but they all connect direct, so never had the need to go full controller slave route.

However, I was always enjoying the usage of cheap Intermatic HA07 controllers which work fine on my old Vera3 controller, but are not supported by HomeSeer. For that reason I keep meaning to include my old Vera3 controller as a slave controller just for those HA07 controllers which I can use as cheap scene-controllers. Just wasn't in any rush as I'm using a Stream Deck at the moment as well as mobile devices and have everything else pretty much automated with motion sensor triggered scenes.

You'll just have to trial-and-error, hence my comment to ensure you got backups to revert back to.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm willing to spend the $149 to get a Fibaro controller since it doesn't seem likely that HS will support the Fibaro Implant anytime soon. Apparently, from the posts, it's been on their radar for almost two years with no movement by them. Tech conversations by support tickets lead me to believe it's going to remain that way.

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post

One follow-up question. The Fibaro web site says their "Lite" controller can only act as a slave at this point, with a note that Master and Slave mode will be coming in a future release. Will this do what I need in slave only mode? Thanks for your time and patience.

Comment

One follow-up question. The Fibaro web site says their "Lite" controller can only act as a slave at this point, with a note that Master and Slave mode will be coming in a future release. Will this do what I need in slave only mode? Thanks for your time and patience.
          Correct, HomeSeer would remain the master.

Comment

I am trying to implement Fibaro and 6 temp/humidity sensors. I found this article but have not tried it yet.

https://forum.fibaro.com/topic/52629...smart-implant/

Comment

Thanks rumb . I'm trying to do the same. Link is very helpful.

Comment

I just purchased one of these,hope it works. It allows 4 temp probes.
                FGRGBW-442
                https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by rumb View Post
                  I just purchased one of these,hope it works. It allows 4 temp probes.
                  FGRGBW-442
                  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                  Please post back your results. HS only sees the FIbaro Implant input and switches but NO temperature sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by rumb View Post
                    I am trying to implement Fibaro and 6 temp/humidity sensors. I found this article but have not tried it yet.

https://forum.fibaro.com/topic/52629...smart-implant/
                    Hi, I checked out this unit - FIBARO RGBW Controller 2 above. It does not support digital temp sensors as the implant does. The manual references "Analog temperature sensors." Since there is such a variety of those types of sensors it would be incapable of reporting values in temperature. You would need to do some sort of conversion at the HS end. It does seem nice though for controlling LED lights around the pool.

Comment

Not that this will solve anything but I'll add it for the thread.

Bought the FGBS-222 for use with a doorbell reno and then decided to try the temp probes for some additional value. Obviously running into the same issues documented here.

For a lark I added my spare FGBS-222 to HS3 in secure mode with two DS18B20 sensors attached. Only a single temp endpoint was present, like reported by everyone, after inclusion. I kicked over to a telnet session and watched the ASCII/JSON interface on HS3. Both sensors were generating data but HS3 saw all the sensors as one probe endpoint. Putting one in cold water and the other in hot showed HS3 generating two reports from the single temp node but with the temp flipping between the two sensors extremes. Added a third sensor and after removing then re-including the FGBS-222 I now get three reports from the single temp node, each with the respective temp as the new value, and the old value being whatever one of the other temp probes last reported.

Also, FWIW, I found that to add additional sensors to the FGBS-222 I had to reset-to-factory the FGBS-222, power-cycle it and then include it into HS3.

Not very useful but there it is..

Comment

Originally posted by lkalyniak View Post
                        Not that this will solve anything but I'll add it for the thread.

Bought the FGBS-222 for use with a doorbell reno and then decided to try the temp probes for some additional value. Obviously running into the same issues documented here.

For a lark I added my spare FGBS-222 to HS3 in secure mode with two DS18B20 sensors attached. Only a single temp endpoint was present, like reported by everyone, after inclusion. I kicked over to a telnet session and watched the ASCII/JSON interface on HS3. Both sensors were generating data but HS3 saw all the sensors as one probe endpoint. Putting one in cold water and the other in hot showed HS3 generating two reports from the single temp node but with the temp flipping between the two sensors extremes. Added a third sensor and after removing then re-including the FGBS-222 I now get three reports from the single temp node, each with the respective temp as the new value, and the old value being whatever one of the other temp probes last reported.

Also, FWIW, I found that to add additional sensors to the FGBS-222 I had to reset-to-factory the FGBS-222, power-cycle it and then include it into HS3.

Not very useful but there it is..
                        Please open tickets with HS for this sensor. They're not going to do anything without enough squeaking on our part. I don't believe they read these boards. Curiously enough, if you go to the HS Compatibility page they list Fibaro as most are compatible. When you click the link it shows, among other Fibaro modules, the FGBS-222. I also read elsewhere on these boards reports that Fibaro is willing to coordinate with HS to get this working. HS just needs to contact them.

Comment

We can add support for it. A read through the posts and they seem to imply that the device is not reporting some of the sensors. HS adds child devices based on what the device reports. However, we have added specific support for some devices that have sensors that are not reported. I have not looked at the docs yet, but some Fibaro devices need a parameter set in order to enable support for optional sensors.
                          Are there any errors in the log when you add it? The log will tell you the max devices it found and the max it created, is that number the same?

Fibaro was good about sending us new devices to test with but they have not sent us this one, I will see if I can get one.

We have added a bunch of fixes for multichannel devices in the next update of the plugin (should be out next week). The changes mostly affect Zooz devices but if this device has multiple end points the fixes might apply.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

So the device does support multiple endpoints, can someone on Windows try this Z-Wave plugin and see if more devices are created for the sensors:
                            https://homeseer.com/updates4/HSPI_ZWave_3_0_3_4.zip
                            Save the EXE in the zip to your HS folder, shut down HS first. This plugin should work with HS3 or HS4. This plugin does not support S2 security.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              We can add support for it. A read through the posts and they seem to imply that the device is not reporting some of the sensors. HS adds child devices based on what the device reports. However, we have added specific support for some devices that have sensors that are not reported. I have not looked at the docs yet, but some Fibaro devices need a parameter set in order to enable support for optional sensors.
                              Are there any errors in the log when you add it? The log will tell you the max devices it found and the max it created, is that number the same?

Fibaro was good about sending us new devices to test with but they have not sent us this one, I will see if I can get one.

We have added a bunch of fixes for multichannel devices in the next update of the plugin (should be out next week). The changes mostly affect Zooz devices but if this device has multiple end points the fixes might apply.
                              I have set the parameters for the sensors to report and the reports DO show that the sensor is reporting to HS in the log, with an error that there is no device in HS to associate the data with. I sent the relevant entries from the logfile in a support ticket.

I am willing to donate a sensor for testing and future troubleshooting. Just PM me. I'll send it off the same day! In the meantime, please tell me what additional information I can provide to help?

Comment

Try the plugin I just posted. This will tell me if it's related to the multiple endpoints.

I have set the parameters for the sensors to report and the reports DO show that the sensor is reporting to HS in the log, with an error that there is no device in HS to associate the data with. I sent the relevant entries from the logfile in a support ticket.

I am willing to donate a sensor for testing and future troubleshooting. Just PM me. I'll send it off the same day! In the meantime, please tell me what additional information I can provide to help?

Comment

Working...
                                X