No announcement yet.

Issues with Fibaro FGBS-222-US Smart Implant adding child devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohooo! It is working now. I excluded and re-enrolled it. It's reporting a near-perfect temp of 32.2 deg in a sample mixture of ice and water. I'll try adding the additional sensors I need and start over. FYI to anyone else. According to the Fibaro docs,,removing the sensor resets it to factory defaults.

THANK YOU!

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    I did not add a pullup. The sensors seem to be reporting temperature just fine without it.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Ok, good, thanks for verifying. The fix will be in the next update we are working on now. The problem was that the code was only handling up to 7 end points and this device can have many more (10 I believe with just 2 sensors). Z-Wave supports up to 127 so this fix may fix other devices that have many end points.

Originally posted by avpman View Post
      Woohooo! It is working now. I excluded and re-enrolled it. It's reporting a near-perfect temp of 32.2 deg in a sample mixture of ice and water. I'll try adding the additional sensors I need and start over. FYI to anyone else. According to the Fibaro docs,,removing the sensor resets it to factory defaults.

THANK YOU!

[/QUOTE]

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok, good, thanks for verifying. The fix will be in the next update we are working on now. The problem was that the code was only handling up to 7 end points and this device can have many more (10 I believe with just 2 sensors). Z-Wave supports up to 127 so this fix may fix other devices that have many end points.
        This sounds great! The Heatit Z-water has 10 endpoint and only 1-7 is working. I guess this will fix the issue with that device as well then?

Comment

Yes, I suspect it will.

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post

This sounds great! The Heatit Z-water has 10 endpoint and only 1-7 is working. I guess this will fix the issue with that device as well then?

Comment

rjh - GREAT work! You have made many people happy and Homeseer even more valuable!

Yes, I suspect it will.

Comment

rjh Can you put this updated version in the updater (beta section is fine)?
              I'm maintaining a few systems (most HS3) which are using Smart Implants and Z-water, and this would simplify the updating process...
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Yes, I suspect it will.

@rjh: I see in the HS3 plugins that the Beta has been updated to V 3.0.4.0. What, if anything, was fixed after 3.0.3.6 ?
                Thanks again for the awesome attention to this and all the hard work!

Comment

@rjh: I see in the HS3 plugins that the Beta has been updated to V 3.0.4.0. What, if anything, was fixed after 3.0.3.6 ?
                  I think the primary documentation attention has been towards HS4 with the last release note on v4.1.15.0 update from 2-weeks ago.
                  Last documented HS3 update on the Z-Wave plugin is almost a year old @ https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...+Release+Notes

Of course, I'd rather have them focused on the development itself, but it does help when we know what was fixed, especially if it requires like a removal/re-add of devices to make new functionality work.

Comment

I have installed the V 3.0.4.0 beta, and that has created 17 HS devices for the FGBS-222 (with no sensors attached), so it's looking good - thanks rjh for the updates.
                    (Now to learn how to actually use this gadget in my garage door sensor project.)

However...
                    A problem with this device since I've had it running (only a couple of days) is that the internal temperature is shown at about 8 to 10 degrees C too high, owing, I think, to the slight warmth of the unit when it is powered up. I think that's the cause, anyway, as the temperature shows accurately when first powered up, but then rises by about ten degrees C after a few minutes and settles around that level.

It's not really important for me, at least, but it might be useful, so is there a way to set an adjustment / calibration for that ? Something like the "calibration" or "divide by" function in the RFXCOM settings for power meters, perhaps.

If there is a setting for that and I'm not seeing it, would someone let me know where that is please? I suppose I could create a work-around using the status settings, or use an event to set a value on a virtual device... hmmm... I'll give that some thought.

If there is no such function, may I make that a feature request - if it's not going to be impractical or break anything else, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_C View Post
                      I have installed the V 3.0.4.0 beta, and that has created 17 HS devices for the FGBS-222 (with no sensors attached), so it's looking good - thanks rjh for the updates.
                      (Now to learn how to actually use this gadget in my garage door sensor project.)

However...
                      A problem with this device since I've had it running (only a couple of days) is that the internal temperature is shown at about 8 to 10 degrees C too high, owing, I think, to the slight warmth of the unit when it is powered up. I think that's the cause, anyway, as the temperature shows accurately when first powered up, but then rises by about ten degrees C after a few minutes and settles around that level.

It's not really important for me, at least, but it might be useful, so is there a way to set an adjustment / calibration for that ? Something like the "calibration" or "divide by" function in the RFXCOM settings for power meters, perhaps.

If there is a setting for that and I'm not seeing it, would someone let me know where that is please? I suppose I could create a work-around using the status settings, or use an event to set a value on a virtual device... hmmm... I'll give that some thought.

If there is no such function, may I make that a feature request - if it's not going to be impractical or break anything else, of course.
                      You are correct. The internal sensor is affected by the electronics of the sensor. Probably not an issue in a colder climate. If you need accurate temperature you'll need to add external sensors. BTW if you do that the device will only recognize them when it's enrolled. So if you add them afterward they will not show up.

Comment

The plugin that was posted was for testing. We found a couple of things so we are working on an update. Once we post the final version we will include release notes with the changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_C View Post
                          Now to learn how to actually use this gadget in my garage door sensor project[/I]
                          I tried to use the implant to control my garage door, I need two inputs (for open and closed sensors) and two outputs (for open and close actions). With Fibaro I couldn't find how to completely separate the outputs from inputs. I ended up using Shelly Uni for that, which works great.

Please share your "project" when done

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

I tried to use the implant to control my garage door, I need two inputs (for open and closed sensors) and two outputs (for open and close actions). With Fibaro I couldn't find how to completely separate the outputs from inputs. I ended up using Shelly Uni for that, which works great.

I read somewhere that Fibaro had some firmware issues very early on which have been corrected. How did you interface the Shelly WiFi to HomeSeer?

Comment

With Fibaro I couldn't find how to completely separate the outputs from inputs. I ended up using Shelly Uni for that, which works great. Please share your "project" when done
                              Sure, I'll post my results and settings if I can make it work (and even if I can't!). As for separating the outputs from the inputs, I agree - that would be great. I found this thread Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS222 - Hardware - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io) in a forum which suggests that it's possible, but I haven't looked into that for myself yet. Could be that your suggestion of the Shelley Uni might be the simplest way to go.

Comment

Well, as requested, I've uploaded some info on my project here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...21#post1473521

and here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...e2#post1473793

I couldn't separate the inputs from the outputs either, so I guess I failed to complete the original brief, but I do have a working alternative. Try not to laugh too much when looking at my results!

Comment

Working...
                                X