No announcement yet.

Issues with Fibaro FGBS-222-US Smart Implant adding child devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it can help someone, I installed this morning that Fibaro smart implant, with a DS18B20. Had a problem, temp switched between internal ( module) and external temp. Found the problem. If you configure HS to pooling the temp every 60 sec, it will then report the internal temp probe, witch is very different of my pool water probe, varying every 60 sec from 24 to 32 degrés. I then put no (0) pooling interval in HS ZWave PI, and problem solved. Just reporting temp from external probe ( check parameters 67 and 68 in setting of that device).

Comment

Originally posted by jyves@videotron.ca View Post
      If it can help someone, I installed this morning that Fibaro smart implant, with a DS18B20. Had a problem, temp switched between internal ( module) and external temp. Found the problem. If you configure HS to pooling the temp every 60 sec, it will then report the internal temp probe, witch is very different of my pool water probe, varying every 60 sec from 24 to 32 degrés. I then put no (0) pooling interval in HS ZWave PI, and problem solved. Just reporting temp from external probe ( check parameters 67 and 68 in setting of that device).
      Thanks for this!

Comment

Why overpaying for this Fibaro stuff and run an outdated Zwave network denounced by many here???

Here is what I did to accommodate 6 (six) DS18B20 temperature probes in WiFi environment.

ESP8266 Board and power supply $10
        Zumungo software www.zumungo.com for $8 (software supports up to 20 sensors) add $4 for relay control

The software reports the temperature in JSON format that is easily parsed in HS3 or HS4 using Big5 PI. You select how frequent the reports are. You select the media - HTTP, TCP or MQTT for the reports.

Furthermore, the software allows temperature driven control of relay(s) if you pick ESP8266 based relay board such as Shelly1 for example.

Attached is a picture of wall mount motion and temperature sensor that I did myself. It is based on Shelly1 (cost about $10) plus Zumungo software and fits into an exiting wall switch.

best thing is that Zumungo uploads to Shelly hardware without any wires totally over the air. Furthermore Zumungo allows for re-assignment of the very limited number of available pins incl Rx and Tx pins for general purpose I/O pins.

(not shown on the picture but I tested with 6 sensors and one ESP8266 board only)

Not to brag too much but I have the device shown on the picture in 6 rooms acting as both thermostat for the HVAC and motion/presence detector for HomeSeer to control lights etc. Cost is about $25 per room for WiFi controlled thermostat and WiFi motion sensor combo.

Comment

Originally posted by puma View Post
          Why overpaying for this Fibaro stuff and run an outdated Zwave network denounced by many here???​
          Because the DIY stuff wired into electrical circuits stops payment by insurance companies if it is found out during a fire investigation.

Not everybody can afford to run that risk and prefers to stick to certified devices.

PS: If you had your DIY results inspected and approved by city then that qualifies as there is no stipulation that you need to use a professional, but it can be difficult to navigate that process without one.

Comment

RoChess

I do agree and actually I have shun away from other projects for that reason. However the device shown above uses a commercial product "Shelly1" that is certified. Shelly1 is the only "thing" connected to the electrical circuits of the house. Furthermore, Shelly1 has dedicated pins for connecting sensors that are properly documented and part of the certification. In that sense Shelly1 is not modified, in original plastic enclosure, not broken, no extra soldering to it except for using the pins as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by puma View Post
              RoChessShelly1 is the only "thing" connected to the electrical circuits of the house.
              That's good, and yes the low-voltage world is shocking unregulated for a lot, so you should be good on that side. Just figured I toss out that warning in case somebody gets really crazy on the DIY side and ends up in tears when insurance denies their valid claim. The other solution is to make sure that in case of a fire there is no evidence left to gather 😈

Comment

Originally posted by jyves@videotron.ca View Post
                I am trying to get the DHT22 external sensor to work via this "smart" implant...and HS4
                I did play around with these parameters without any luck
                Has anyone been successful with the DHT22?

Comment

Yes,
                  Since a certain version of HS4, solving the problem of to many child on a unique device, it is working just fine.
                  I have one for pool temp, and an other one for Hot water tank temp, and working fine.

JYA

Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.7.0 (Windows)
                  OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnel - Work Station
                  OS Version=10.0.19044
                  Device Count=953
                  Event Count=164
                  Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 11 at 1,67 GHz
                  Plugins Installed=Device History 3.3.1.0,Ecobee 4.0.15.0,EnvisaLink 3.0.0.42,HSBuddy 3.28.1222.5,Insteon 3.0.7.19,JowiHue 4.0.6.0,Sonos4 4.0.1.11,TPLinkSmartHome4 2021.4.30.0,UltraGCIR3 3.0.6551.16959,Z-Wave 3.0.9.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by Roobrother View Post

I am trying to get the DHT22 external sensor to work via this "smart" implant...and HS4
                    I did play around with these parameters without any luck
                    Has anyone been successful with the DHT22?

The sensors need to be attached when you add the device to your Zwave network. I never was able to get mine recognized afterward. This also means if you are using multiple temperature sensors (not the DHT22) they all need to be attached when you add the device to your network. In other words, if you initially start with 3 and then want to add a fourth, you need to reset the device to factory settings and add it again to your network.

What version of the Fibaro firmware is in your device? There has been an important update, but it only affects the input/output switches.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

The sensors need to be attached when you add the device to your Zwave network. I never was able to get mine recognized afterward. This also means if you are using multiple temperature sensors (not the DHT22) they all need to be attached when you add the device to your network. In other words, if you initially start with 3 and then want to add a fourth, you need to reset the device to factory settings and add it again to your network.

What version of the Fibaro firmware is in your device? There has been an important update, but it only affects the input/output switches.

Good luck!
                      I thought ...That is it...sensor attached...
                      I powered up the sensor than connected the data wire (as per DSHT22 instructions ..wait 1 sec after power up to sensor)
                      reset implant than added to HS4
                      Changed Parameters 20 and 21 to 4
                      Changes 65 and 66 to 0

No humidity or external temperature sensor

Z-Wave version: Lib: 6.02
                      App: 5.1
                      13 out of 13 child devices were created

2/02/2022 7:35:51 AM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Node: 19 Supports Secure Class(es): SWITCH_BINARY, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V8, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, CONFIGURATION, NOTIFICATION_V6, PROTECTION, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
                      2/02/2022 7:35:51 AM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Node: 19 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, SWITCH_BINARY, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, SECURITY, SECURITY_2, CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V8, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, CONFIGURATION, CRC_16_ENCAP, NOTIFICATION_V6, PROTECTION, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, SUPERVISION, APPLICATION_STATUS
                      2/02/2022 7:26:28 AM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Node: 19 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, SWITCH_BINARY, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, SECURITY, SECURITY_2, CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V8, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, CONFIGURATION, CRC_16_ENCAP, NOTIFICATION_V6, PROTECTION, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, SUPERVISION, APPLICATION_STATUS
                      2/02/2022 7:26:28 AM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Node: 19 Supports Secure Class(es): SWITCH_BINARY, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V8, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, CONFIGURATION, NOTIFICATION_V6, PROTECTION, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
                      2/02/2022 7:18:11 AM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave New Interface: Controller firmware version: 6.6
                      2/02/2022 1:09:21 AM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave downstairs: Controller firmware version: 1.2

Comment

I have tried to add via non secure...
                        now no internal temperature and of course no external temp or humidity

Comment

I have tried to add via non secure...
                          now no internal temperature and of course no external temp or humidity
                          Under "Tools->Help->Copy Section for Forum Posts" get your configuration and post it here.

Comment

Interesting... (or not)
                            added via unsecure - 18 child devices
                            added via secure - 13 child devices

Date/time=3/02/2022 8:32:54 AM AUS Eastern Summer Time
                            Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.7.0 (Windows)
                            License=Registered
                            Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HomeSeerData.json
                            In Virtual Machine=No MFG: intel corporation
                            Antivirus=Windows Defender AVG Antivirus
                            OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
                            OS Version=10.0.19042
                            Uptime=1 Day 20 Hours 31 Minutes 55 Seconds
                            Lan IP=192.168.1.102 (DESKTOP-106BESG)
                            Device Count=155
                            Event Count=19
                            Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 12 at 1.50 GHz
                            Modules/Threads=133 Modules, 59 Threads
                            Available Threads=1023
                            System Load=194 Processes, 7% Load
                            Free/Total Memory=2.15 GBytes / 7.81 GBytes (27% free)
                            Free/Total Virtual Memory=2.39 GBytes / 9.06 GBytes (26% free)
                            HomeSeer Memory Used=81 Mbytes
                            Plugin Memory Used=5 EXE Plug-Ins using 168 Mbytes
                            Plugins Installed=BLBackup 2.0.61.0,HSBuddy 3.28.1222.5,IFTTT 3.0.1.4,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.52,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0

Comment

avpman
                              Any thoughts...

Comment

avpman
                                Any thoughts...
                                My Zwave plugin is 3.0.9.0. I know rjh made a fix that took care of the Fibaro but I don't know if it was after your version 3.0.2.0. In any event, our versions are pretty far apart. Try to update and see what happens. Do a full backup before in case you need to roll back. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X