Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help with Lubuntu upgrade to 18.04 64bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The default for LUbuntu is that it suspends after a bit.

On the desktop go to power settings and disable all of the power savings settings including monitor and suspend.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

ok - so it looks like I have a working system - a brand new 64bit lubuntu system with HS3 running. After a few disconnects, it looks like its holding up now.

so... thank you for all your help.

And now to the objective stated on the very opening message: intalling the conbee stick. how to do this? I just tried plugging the thing to the SEL and nothing. Doesn't even show up in disks. Please tell me this works in the SEL.

Comment

Good news Pedro!!!

I do not know anything about the JowiHue plugin that utilizes a Conbee stick. I am guessing that it'll work fine in Homeseer Linux.

Read about it here ==> JowiHue (w.vuyk)

Guessing the Conbee Stick is a USB to serial device. To see the new serial device (Conbee Stick) ssh to your box and type the following:

cd /dev
        ls ttyUSB*

Most likely your will see a ttyUSB0 device when you do that.

When you install the plugin the configuration will most likely have a drop down for the serial device mentioned above.

Curious how many Gb of RAM you have on your SEL?

If you want you can install Oracle Virtual Box and lite XP with SAPI to run Homeseer SAPI Speaker.

IE:

Here is a desktop picture of a new BeeLink BT3 Pro (Atom based) running LUbuntu 18.04 64 bit and Windows 7e 32 bit for speaker dot exe.

Click image for larger version  Name:	desktop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	1320267

Every couple of weeks check for updates via Webmin or ssh.

Using remote SSH ==>

sudo apt update
        sudo apt dist-upgrade or sudo apt upgrade
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Pete - sorry for the slow reply - taking time off.

I've got 4gb ram on the sel. So far so good.

Not too sure what uses I might have for the sapi speaker.

As for the update you've helped with, I can't thank you enough. Everything is up and running as normal.

Comment

Good news!!!

Understood about using Microsoft SAPI.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
            X