Migrating Homeseer 3 for Windows to Homeseer 3 for Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrating Homeseer 3 for Windows to Homeseer 3 for Linux

Helping a Homeseer 3 peer in the UK here near Chicago.

Building a new LUbuntu HS3 set up. I have a back up of the Windows directory on a USB stick.

I am using the same computer as the Homeseer 3 peer over here.

I have never done this.

Can I utilize the db's in the Windows Homeseer 3 USB stick?

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Pete everything transfers between Windows/Linux fine with exception of the Events. I've had problems migrating those. In the Setup -> Labs there's an export events. This will save the events and event groups to their corresponding named JSON files in the /html folder. Make sure to do this before tearing down the old system. You can use those to then import the events into the new system. I have had this work great and I've had it not work well and had it work not so well...

Comment

Thank you John.

Only thing I have though is the Windows Homeseer directory on a USB stick and a blank SSD drive.

The computer / Windows HS3 is in the UK. Maybe I will do a teamviewer connection and download the JSON files that way.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Thank you John.

Only thing I have though is the Windows Homeseer directory on a USB stick and a blank SSD drive.

The computer / Windows HS3 is in the UK. Maybe I will do a teamviewer connection and download the JSON files that way.
        If the system is still alive it would be good to have them as a just in case. Check the backup file I don't know if in the newer versions they have been auto backed up or not... hmm....

Comment

Yes here do not see any autoback features of the JSON files under labs.

Will also back up database of running windows computer.

I am impressed right now with the Ubuntu 18.04 build on an Atom D510/525 with 4 Gb. Going to install a 1Gb Windows 7e Virtual box on this drive too for use with Microsoft SAPI.

It'll be a bit slow but should work anyhow...
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Yes here do not see any autoback features of the JSON files under labs.

Will also back up database of running windows computer.

I am impressed right now with the Ubuntu 18.04 build on an Atom D510/525 with 4 Gb. Going to install a 1Gb Windows 7e Virtual box on this drive too for use with Microsoft SAPI.

It'll be a bit slow but should work anyhow...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-18_14-52-03.png
Views:	110
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1316404

Comment

Thanks John. Yes I see that and have used it before. I was hoping for a scheduler of sorts.

Computer is all done except for the VB of W7E for running SAPI.

Added Webmin, STunnel (still use it here), Mosquitto, Mono, Aha and some more stuff. It is running well.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
              X