Sensative Strip Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensative Strip Review

I have been able to place one in the house and been using it for a few days.

4/5 stars

Works really well with HS3
    Connection was a breeze - after watching the video from the developer. The instructions were a set of confusing pictures.
    Almost totally invisible
    Nearly instant feedback into HS3 - I have it turning lights on when I enter a room - it is damn fast.

My results are similar - been using one for a few months now. Instant control of my basement stair lights.

Comment

Have you guys tried the water sensor as well?
      ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ Support & Customer Service ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ Sales Questions ๐Ÿ›’ Shop HomeSeer Productsโ€‹

Comment

I have one in the mail as we speak

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Have you guys tried the water sensor as well?
          Water sensor worked well also. Easy to pair and reported quickly.

Comment

Nice to read this - just got three yesterday

Comment

I am not sure if this has anything to do with things...but it would appear that the strip is zwave 700 series.

I am absolutely amazed at how damn well it works. The things has been absolutely flawless and as close to instant as you can get.
              I open the door while holding my cell phone to watch the change in status...the door is open a about 1 second and the status on my phone has already changed.

Comment

Originally posted by bills.hancock@gmail.com View Post
                I am not sure if this has anything to do with things...but it would appear that the strip is zwave 700 series.

I am absolutely amazed at how damn well it works. The things has been absolutely flawless and as close to instant as you can get.
                I open the door while holding my cell phone to watch the change in status...the door is open a about 1 second and the status on my phone has already changed.
                Where do you find it being 700 series? This will be the first consumer device released with the new chipset if so. However as your controller is not using a 700 series chipset you won't see any of the more major improvements of the 700 series.

Comment

I could be totally wrong on this...but the impression I got from the article, was that the device is on the 700 series chipset.

Julie Jacobson ยท January 9, 2019

Sensative, maker of Z-Wave sensors, could have the very first Z-Wave 700-Series home-automation device on the market.

At CES 2019, the company showed a prototype Strips sensor โ€“ a long, flat device that disappears on doors, windows and other flat surfaces โ€“ with the 700 chip inside.

โ€œWe may be the first to mount it into a PCB,โ€ says Sensative founder Fredrik Westman.

Chip-maker Silicon Labs, which acquired the Z-Wave division of Sigma Designs last year, only began shipping the 700 Series on its Wireless Gecko platform a few weeks ago. The next-gen series enables longer battery life (10 years on a coin cell) and longer distances (150% increase for U.S. radios) than the previous 500 series.

The 700-Series availability on SiLabsโ€™ Gecko platform is โ€œhuge,โ€ according to Z-Wave Alliance executive director Mitch Klein. โ€œItโ€™s an established piece of silicon.โ€

Klein says the launch shows the real significance of having Silicon Labs as Z-Waveโ€™s new partner: The group can speed time to market because of its established wireless platforms. SiLabs is already a leading provider of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and ZigBee.

We should see more 700-series Z-Wave devices coming out in the next six months, according to Klein.

Comment

Everybody is working on 700 series devices and they did show prototypes at CES. What you have currently is not a 700 series chip. Which is ok because it's still really fast!

Comment

Doh...still amazing though.

Comment

Working...
                      X