Trouble connecting kwikset zwave lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble connecting kwikset zwave lock

I just got my new Zee S2 in the mail on Friday and have successfully connected my thermostats, but I’m having trouble with my kwikset locks. I followed the instructions for connecting locks. First, I excluded each, then added them as new zwave devices. It seems to go through the connection process successfully. When I go to the devices tab, they show up, but don’t have any child devices and there is no way to control them. I have tried excluding and adding them several times with the same outcome each time. I have included screenshots below to help illustrate the issue. I have been looking through the forum all weekend and haven’t found any others with this issue. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks!

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"C16E2436-A508-404E-B183-B1FF23B01EA5.jpeg","data-attachmentid":1316930}

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"E7884A52-C952-45E3-B888-0C67C26276AB.jpeg","data-attachmentid":1316929}
    Attached Files

What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
    How far is the lock from your Z-Wave interface when you added these locks. Using the secure method the locks need to be within a few inches of your Z-Wave interface. Try moving the lock and Z-Wave interface closer and then remove and add again.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I’m using version 3.0.1.252 of the zwave plugin. When I excluded and added the locks, I removed the electronic part from the door and put it within inches of the Zee S2. I did initially have trouble getting them to connect before removing them from the doors.

Comment

I am having the same issue was this ever resloved

Comment

What model lock? I have a support ticket open for a Kwikset 910 for the same symptoms, so far no resolution.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope. I never resolved this issue. I have two 910’s that both do this. The previous owner of my house had them connected to a Vivint security system so they may somehow be locked down from that? Please let me know if you find a solution! I’d love to be able to use my locks with HS.

Comment

Interesting, that is exactly my scenario just with 1 lock.

Comment

So all of these 910 locks were are enrolled in a Vivint security system? Did you guys try doing a removing/delete on the locks prior to attempting to add them to HS3?

Comment

Is it possible , have you checked the filters to allow the devices to display?
                  Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                  | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                  Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                  BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    So all of these 910 locks were are enrolled in a Vivint security system? Did you guys try doing a removing/delete on the locks prior to attempting to add them to HS3?
                    I factory reset the lock and excluded it multiple times. There is no error in HS3, it's just that only a root device is created. My support ticket is still open.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                      I factory reset the lock and excluded it multiple times. There is no error in HS3, it's just that only a root device is created. My support ticket is still open.
                      How far is the lock from your Z-Wave controller when you attempt to add it to HS3? Are you using the the add node option from within the Controller Management screen? If all of these are locks previously enrolled in a Vivint system it's makes you wonder if they have something proprietary in these locks.

Comment

I had the lock within a few inches of my Zee S2. They are definitely talking to each other. They pair, but I don’t get any functionality.

I’ve found similar discussions from users of other hubs like SmartThings as well. The issue seems to be related to an anti-theft setting on the Vivint panel that wont allow you to pair the lock to a new hub/network until it is removed from Vivint hub. This is frustrating because I do have the old Vivint panel, but don’t have the passcode and Vivint support won’t unlock it since I’m not the one that had the account...

I tried factory resetting the locks, but that doesn’t seem to be a 100% factory reset.

Comment

Bummer so Vivint does lock down this lock. That's good to know. I wonder if after you reset it you could pull the batteries and activate the lock to remove all of the power and then try. These changes may be written to memory in the lock and they may never work with another system unfortunately.

Comment

Mjsteven, you're post lead me to solve my problem. I'm posting here for others who may have a device that had anti-theft enabled by a previous controller like the vivint system.

I too still had the Vivint panel. I researched online, and as you indicated there are multiple references to this issue within various z-wave controller communities.I found a post on how to reset the Vivint panel:

Unplug power and the battery, then hold the reset button under the cellular card while plugging in power (I just used the battery). Hold the button for 60 seconds after powering up.Once the panel boots (it takes a while) use the instructions here:

https://support.suretyhome.com/t/kwi...ection/2028/30

Posted about 2/3 down the thread by Jreevesy85

I had to add my lock again, and during add it asks "Enable anti-theft", make sure you say "No". Then I was able to successfully remove the lock, and add it to Homeseer where it correctly created the child nodes that were missing previously.

Note to the Homeseer staff Rupp rjh - "Anti-theft" is a standard function in the Z-wave security protocol since about 2015 (It's even listed in the z-wave page about the lock:
                            Supported Secure: Version, Battery(Ver 1), Door Lock(Ver 2), User Code, Association, Association Grp Info, Notification(Ver 4), Configuration, Schedule Entry Lock, Time Parameters, Door Lock Logging(Ver 1), Antitheft
                            It doesn't appear Homeseer supports enabling this, but at least the support staff should be aware of it's use by other Controllers and make people aware this might be an issue. I've had an open ticket for 2 weeks on this problem and it's never gotten past the basic series of Rupp asked above (which is why I ignored the questions here - he and I went over the answers at least 3 times in email.

I would recommend you add some type of knowledge base article so we don't waste a lot of time repeating things.

Thank goodness for forums like this, that at least provide some clues for people willing to dig in.

I'm not aware if there is any way to override this setting once it's set, but someone in the Z-wave industry or at Kwikset should be able to answer that.

Good luck, hopefully this will work for you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                              Mjsteven, you're post lead me to solve my problem. I'm posting here for others who may have a device that had anti-theft enabled by a previous controller like the vivint system.

I too still had the Vivint panel. I researched online, and as you indicated there are multiple references to this issue within various z-wave controller communities.I found a post on how to reset the Vivint panel:

Unplug power and the battery, then hold the reset button under the cellular card while plugging in power (I just used the battery). Hold the button for 60 seconds after powering up.Once the panel boots (it takes a while) use the instructions here:

https://support.suretyhome.com/t/kwi...ection/2028/30

Posted about 2/3 down the thread by Jreevesy85

I had to add my lock again, and during add it asks "Enable anti-theft", make sure you say "No". Then I was able to successfully remove the lock, and add it to Homeseer where it correctly created the child nodes that were missing previously.

Note to the Homeseer staff Rupp rjh - "Anti-theft" is a standard function in the Z-wave security protocol since about 2015 (It's even listed in the z-wave page about the lock:
                              Supported Secure: Version, Battery(Ver 1), Door Lock(Ver 2), User Code, Association, Association Grp Info, Notification(Ver 4), Configuration, Schedule Entry Lock, Time Parameters, Door Lock Logging(Ver 1), Antitheft
                              It doesn't appear Homeseer supports enabling this, but at least the support staff should be aware of it's use by other Controllers and make people aware this might be an issue. I've had an open ticket for 2 weeks on this problem and it's never gotten past the basic series of Rupp asked above (which is why I ignored the questions here - he and I went over the answers at least 3 times in email.

I would recommend you add some type of knowledge base article so we don't waste a lot of time repeating things.

Thank goodness for forums like this, that at least provide some clues for people willing to dig in.

I'm not aware if there is any way to override this setting once it's set, but someone in the Z-wave industry or at Kwikset should be able to answer that.

Good luck, hopefully this will work for you as well.
                              You should update your help desk ticket with these findings so this information gets back to support for future reference and hopefully a potential fix or at least a KB article.

Comment

Working...
                              X