Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use a Aeotec Z-Wave Range Extender with HomeSeer 3 Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use a Aeotec Z-Wave Range Extender with HomeSeer 3 Pro?

I have a Aeotec Z-Wave Extender 6 and I was wondeirng if I could use it with HomeSeer 3? I've never used an extender before and have no idea how to set it up with HomeSeer, or do I just plug it in and it will amplify any Z-wave signals that it recieves?

Perhaps the manual for the Range Extender 6 will shed some light on this conundrum. You can try to add it as a zwave device.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...-6-user-guide-

Comment

Ah! Awesome! I didn't find anything that helpful on their main site. Thanks!

Comment

I use one in the back bedroom- simple to setup and works great

Comment

I have just added one of these and it installs as some kind of RGB light. There are channels for Red, Green and Blue, a custom Color RGB and a dimmable light. Any ideas how to have it recognized as a repeater?

Comment

It shouldn't, I have the AEOTEC 7's and they install under HS3 as a Repeater/Slave.
            Try re-scanning it and/or remove and reinstall it. It should be added in the location where you are going to use it, not near the Z-Wave interface then moved.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aeotec.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1444390

Comment

OK, removed and re-installed using both secure and non-secure option and still get thgis problem. It's an Aeotec Range Extender 6 which I have another that worked perfectly - could be a plugin version issue?

Name:	01 January 2021_12h23m39s_002_.png
Views:	522
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	1444436Click image for larger version

Name:	01 January 2021_12h22m31s_001_.png
Views:	487
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	1444437

Comment

I hate to say it but when it comes to Z-Wave, I'll never say it isn't a plugin problem!

Comment

I'll test it with an older plugin and see if it works....

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                    It shouldn't, I have the AEOTEC 7's and they install under HS3 as a Repeater/Slave.
                    Try re-scanning it and/or remove and reinstall it. It should be added in the location where you are going to use it, not near the Z-Wave interface then moved.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Aeotec.jpg Views:	298 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	1444390
                    Hi there,
                    I have the V7 Aeotec, which consists of 2 units. However there appears 3 devices when I look at the devices page. The one in question shows "switch" and "color". I've isolated the two Aeotec cubes as nodes 2 and 15. It would be nice if the ZWave Node info page told what node each device is. The reason I ask is that I migrated from a Pi to a Hometroller and one of the Aeotec repeaters was node 5. When I started testing node connectivity it indicated as it could not be reached. I "excluded" it from the network, then re-Included it and now it comes back as node 2, which is fine. However, when I test connectivity again I keep getting a node 5 unable to be reached. So I'm a little baffled as to what to do as I want to do some housekeeping and kind of clean things up a bit.

I notice that Full Name: First Floor Media RM Aeotec Repeater 1​ and both have the same ID: 0xBD​ so I'm thinking there are two instances of the same device? I'm leery of just deleting one of them from the devices page. I guess I could delete each repeater one by one but before I re-include delete them all in the Devices are. Is any of this making any sense? I've attached screen shots. I'm just really curious how your Aeotec shows up in your Devices area because I would think it should only show up twice not 3 times as in my case....

Attached Files

Comment

I have 7's and they install as junk... HS4 Pro, Ubuntu 22.4

Name:	repeaters.png
Views:	131
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1572995
                      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

here is the log file,

Name:	aero 1.png
Views:	123
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	1573005Click image for larger version

Name:	aero 2.png
Views:	124
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	1573006 ​
                        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Hello All, i was searching the forum and it seems i have the same issue,

my aeotec repeater just install itself as :

Name:	image.png
Views:	21
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	1668032​
                          Is it like this it should appear ?

I see issues in the repeater not really helping my network but i can still seem it appearing in some neighbors when i do an optimize full and with the status : "Done. The optimization was not executed as the node cannot be reached". really weird ... i'm loossing a bit my head now on this.

How can i force one device to go through the repeater ? or how could i make sure it's properly installed ?

Any help is really appreciated !
                          Many thanks
                          Phil

Comment

Working...
                          X