Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Zwave issues

Hi all,

over the last few months I've been fighting some strange zwave issues. Nodes seem to randomly stop responding, and i get random drop outs when i run the test connectivity. I've run regular and full optimizations, powered off the whole house, removed and readded a few nodes and yet i still get these random drop outs.

I have a homeseer Smartstick + and 65 zwave nodes of various types.

I'm out of ideas, does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Is there a chance you have a bad z-wave node? I had a Jasco switch in my basement that went bad recently and it created many weird results. Events not running as expected. Delays in the switch turning on. Other switches not behaving correctly. I replaced the node and all of the errant behavior went away.

My configuration has similar components.

Comment

its very possible but i have not singled out a single one that could be bad, any ideas how to track them down?
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

You might need to enable debug for a bit, then sift through the logs for clues:
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...bugging-solved
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I found mine by examining events that were misbehaving. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while. There is the Z-Seer+ Z-Wave Diagnostics Software which might point you in the right direction.

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...stics-software

It's free with HS3Pro

Comment

Is it possible your Smart Stick is near metal? I've read where people will use an extension .
            Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
            | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
            Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
            BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

A while back I thought I was having Z-wave issues. It turns out I had an event which I didn't have configured correctly which was causing it to send a Z-wave command over and over. Once I fixed that, my Z-wave issues all went away. So I would also suggest looking at all of your events as well. Your logs should help with this.

Comment

Try flipping breakers and testing this help to isolate the bad node or nodes. Also are there any baby monitors or cordless phones in the area as these have been known to cause issues.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Try flipping breakers and testing this help to isolate the bad node or nodes. Also are there any baby monitors or cordless phones in the area as these have been known to cause issues.
                  No Baby monitors any more, i have a cordless dect headset and thats about it. i think im going to start unplugging nodes, starting with the plugins until i find it.

Comment

I forgot about this, but the stability of my system improved when I put whole house surge protectors on each of my panels. I have one main panel and 2 sub panels. This stopped alot of electrical problems and not just with homeseer. The main panel is outdoors and the surge protector outside is a Sieman's FS100. The interior ones are Intermatic Smart Guard IG2240-IMSK Whole Home Surge Protector. The exterior is more for lightning protection and the interior are for internally generated surges - At least that is my concept. I had some weird problems before I did this and the life of LED bulbs was very below average. We are approximately 1/2 mile from a major substation so our voltage is high and we see alot of fluctuation.

The intermatics are $250 each and require a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker. The sieman's requires the same breaker and the cost is ~180.

This does not include installation.

I also use UPS/Surge protectors on all my servers and stereo equipment.

Might not have anything to do with your system.

Comment

Thanks i have a GE surge protector on my panel. im still having issues so im going to start pulling devices

Comment

Working...
                      X