Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

"Simple" Event building Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Simple" Event building Question

Is there any difference in the timing or anything else when you have multiple devices listed in a single event entry vs. adding a step for each one. I have Schlage locks that are occasionally a little flakey and don't always lock / unlock when sent commands. The worst one is only about 5 feet from the transmitter so I don't think it's a signal/routing problem. I doubt this has anything to do with the flow of rules, but wondering if pacing of commands or anything changes between the two approaches? Does waiting between lines ever help? I don't see that it does. I'm guessing I just need to have the event pause and then issue the same commands again...it'd be nice to know all of them locked without looking ALWAYS...even at a status text etc.

THANKS!
    Tom
    Current Date/Time: 7/24/2019 6:13:34 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.534
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 21 Hours 20 Minutes 0 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 449
    Number of Events: 179
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 7
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.6.0: BLMarantz
    2.0.31.0: BLRing
    3.0.0.65: EasyTrigger
    3.9.610.5: HSBuddy
    3.1.0.17: MeiHarmonyHub
    3.0.0.33: Nest
    3.0.0.63: PHLocation2
    1.0.0.7: Restart
    3.0.11.13: weatherXML
    3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

I tend to use individual Then statements as opposed to stacking a bunch of action commands under a single Then.
    The only time I'd use Wait commands is in a string of IR commands, where a device can't receive infrared as fast as HS can send them. A 400 millisecond wait was needed.

But for a string of Zwave commands going out too close together, I don't see that happening. At one site that I work with we turn 100 monitors on and off every day without skipping an action.
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
    Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

Comment

Thanks! I really do think it's a lock issue not HS3

Comment

Working...
      X