No announcement yet.

GE Alarm panel S4006, or how to make HS3 replace my alarm monitoring Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE Alarm panel S4006, or how to make HS3 replace my alarm monitoring Company

I have good and reliably means to report dry contact closure ON/OFF to my HS3.
    Furthermore I do have good and reliable means to make HS3 text/email me (and/or family members) about change of status ON/OFF.

The question is how to get ON/OFF signal out of my GE S4006 Alarm Panel when alarm is triggered or not.

I see 3 possible outputs marked "Speaker" , Out 1 and Out 2, but I have hard time finding any information about them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0316.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.5 KB ID:	1317625

We found our Honeywell Lynx Touch had one trigger output, but it was like 5v @ 3 ma, just enough to trigger an opto-coupled relay. So I had one chance for HS to get a message that the alarm was armed or disarmed.

Does your panel have any output labeled HW1 I/O ? I'm looking at the install manual.
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

That's a GE Concord panel, right? Possibly Concord Ultra? If so, Out1 and Out2 are I believe are intended for interior sirens and are configurable. One way to do it might be a 12VDC relay connected to one of the Outs and monitor the contact closure with a z-wave or other device integrated with HS3.

Here's a manual for some older Concord panels that might or might not match yours but it may help get you going. Search "onboard output" in the pdf.
      http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/UTC/...n%20Manual.pdf

edit: Blair raises a good point above. Check the voltage output. Manual says 200 mA max but doesn't specifically say 12V.
      -Wade

Comment

466-2451-b-simon-xti-install-manual.pdf

I found this manual for GE Simon XT
        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
        | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
        BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Wade This is the correct manual. Very helpful. This is all I needed. Will try it and report back the results.

Comment

Thought it looked like the GE Concord 4 panel. Can't see the serial no on the EPROM so can't say for sure. Looks a bit large for the Simon XT. If so you could get the GE RS232 automation module hooked up to the CBus and you've got yourself a fully fledged HS3 integrated system using the Concord plugin. Add to this a Raspberry Pi run off the 12v battery with a 12v to 5v buck and it all fits nicely in the cabinet.

https://static.interlogix.com/librar...ion-manual.pdf just to be sure

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
              Wade This is the correct manual. Very helpful. This is all I needed. Will try it and report back the results.
              In case you’re interested here is the automation module for that panel you have

https://www.homesecuritystore.com/ca...omation+module

Comment

concordseer Thanks a lot. You're correct it is NOT Simon XT as the manual provided kindly above by BlairG doesn't match what we have. I'm attaching two images here that may help identifying our system but I will assume that it is a Concord.
                The RS232 automation module is a great idea, but not applicable in my case as it is a vacation home in the mountains and our Internet provider Verizon doesn't not provide real IP addresses there. So I can't run RS232 over IP toconnect to HS3/
                I hooked my ESP8266 based device to the "Out 2" terminal of the panel and it works. Thanks God for the "open collector" concept. It allowed me to connect 3.3V system to 12V system without any problems and no need for opto-coupler or a relay. It reports back to HS3 alarm conditions (over MQTT protocol) and HS3 is texting me.
                This is all good however there are some problems

1. "Out 2" default programming makes it produce pulses on/off with one second interval constantly. Also it produces those pulses during the normal process of arming the alarm and leaving home. As a result I'm getting hundreds of texts/emails about the same event.

2. My Alarm Monitoring company that I'm trying to fire won't give me the installer code. Hence I can not change the behavior of "Out 2". Any workaround here?

3. If an alarm is triggered than how do I restore the system later remotely? Is there an input to the panel for that, without going trough the CBus? Is there a timeout for the system to restore by itself?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0331.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.0 KB ID:	1318076Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0330.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.9 KB ID:	1318077

Comment

You’ve three options on the installer code issue

1. Pull the installer code from the eprom via a eprom programmer. Not an easy task but is achievable.

2. Replace the eprom with an eprom from a panel with known codes. Quite a few panels for sale on eBay reasonably priced that would suit your needs.

3. Do a direct swap with that replacement panel in 2 above.

You also need to ensure you have a programming keypad like the ATP1000 to carry out any programming functions on that panel.

Looking at the serial no on that eprom it does indeed look like the Concord 4. This article has recently appeared on the Net and will assist with the above https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projec...ncord-4-alarm/

The link to the installer manual I sent you earlier will give you any technical info you need on that panel including the Out 1 and 2.

Comment

concordseer Thanks. Is it possible to arm/disarm the system by dry contacts (relay) that I can control remotely.

Comment

You’ll find all comms with the panel is done via the the C-Bus which is a very secure closed source technology. I doubt that other than via the AM module there’s little chance of achieving what you are after. I’ve seen it achieved on other panels so I’d hazard a guess and say no.

What you could do is research this site http://www.shieldlab.com/forum/index.php?topic=32453.15 It has quite a bit of info and tips on this panel which may help.

I’m assuming you have this module connected to your panel looking at your picture. You could connect an AM module to something like this https://uk-m.banggood.com/LC-GSM-SIM800C-2-USB-to-GSM-Serial-Port-GPRS-SIM800C-Module-with-Bluetooth-Computer-Control-p-1420413.html?gmcCountry=IE&currency=EUR&cur_warehouse=CN&cre ateTmp=1&ID=41195&utm_source=googleshop
                      which might open up some comms options for you.

Comment

Also try this resource. Quite a bit of info on the panel https://www.doityourself.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                        X