Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any existing recessed Z-Wave outlet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any existing recessed Z-Wave outlet?

Hi,

I am thinking of having recessed outlets in the kitchen? Are there any existing ones?

Thanks.

Use a recessed wall box....

Comment

Thanks. I was thinking of that and found this. https://www.amazon.com/Construct-Sin...ateway&sr=8-10. Hope the standard outlet can be removed and replaced with Z-Wave outlet (and can fit inside the junction box).

Comment

Originally posted by ferdies View Post
        Thanks. I was thinking of that and found this. https://www.amazon.com/Construct-Sin...ateway&sr=8-10. Hope the standard outlet can be removed and replaced with Z-Wave outlet (and can fit inside the junction box).
        A Z-Wave outlet will fit in a standard J-Box. It WILL NOT fit "recessed" in a standard J-Box. If you want a recessed Z-Wave outlet you will have to have a recessed J-Box which also means you need a thick wall. You're better off going with the recessed outlet and then using a z-wave plug-in module for whatever device you want to automate in the kitchen.

Comment

You might be able to use a micro switch if you get an extra deep box.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

It is a standard builder's home so I doubt if the builder specified an extra deep box.

Comment

Still possible - you can change it with a lot of work and no drywall replacement.
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
              X