OFF TOPIC: Marantz Reciever has weird IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFF TOPIC: Marantz Reciever has weird IP

Moved into a new house that came with some AV setup, including a Marantz receiver.

for some reason, the IP it keeps getting is not the usual 192.168.1.xxx... but something more like
    24.xxx.xxx.xxx

In the receiver settings, it's set to get the IP from the router, and it's not set as static in my router (new Ubiquiti setup, so i'm still learnning that one as well)

In my Ubiquiti, all my other IPs are 192.168.1.xx, so not sure why this one is different. any ideas appreciated.

Could this be your WAN ipaddress? Is there a way to release the ipaddress on the receiver?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I highly recommend you remove that IP address from this post. It looks like you Marantz is somehow in your DMZ and is directly accessible from the Internet. If I go to that address I can access the receiver and control it. Sorry about turning on the music so loud. My bad.

Comment

How is the Marantz hooked into your network?

What Ubiquiti products are you using?

Comment

thanks for the warning and whoever edited the post!

I'm using a USG, switch, and to AP lites, plus the cloudkey I haven't got working yet.

I tried a full reset on the receiver, and at one point had a regular IP on the 192, then bounced back over to the other.

I can set it manually in settings.... I can't seem to assign static ip in the UB gateway.

Comment

Interestingly, this happened again today with one of my tablets. it suddenly has an IP of 24.xxx.xx.xxx instead of the usual 192.168.1.xxx

nothing I could do in terms of rebooting or starting/stopping wifi would change it.

I was able to go into the Unifi controller and assign it a static address, and now it's fine, but I see one other device with the same address range.

Leaning moment: what is this other range, and why might a device move to it? I use DHCP - could this be something wonky with my ISP?

Comment

It's not your ISP. It has to be something in your networking setup. The other poster mentioned DMZ -- look for that in your configuration. At this point there's no reason you need that, so turn it off if you find it.

Comment

Also look for "DHCP passthough" in your config, and disable if found.

Comment

Working...
                X