Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me, or does Alexa sound a little different lately to you, too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me, or does Alexa sound a little different lately to you, too?

Sunday night when we asked Alexa to turn out the bedroom lights, her normal "OK" sounded....different. Like she was tired! I know, but I asked my wife to listen too and she AGREED WITH ME!! Alexa sounds like she is answering "OK" like she has done it 1000 times today and is almost annoyed, not the happy, somewhat excited "OK" we normally get. Anyone else notice this?

Rob

WAIT A MINUTE...... Your wife agreed with you?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
      Alexa sounds like she is answering "OK" like she has done it 1000 times today and is almost annoyed...?
      That's AI for you... Next she'll be calling out sick and complaining you don't take her job seriously.

You know she can whisper now, right? (You'll have to enable it first by telling her to turn on whisper mode.) Was a little surprised the first time I heard a whisper coming back from my nightstand..."A 7:00am alarm has been set. Goodnight.".

--Barry

Comment

You know there's a "brief mode" (or something similarly named?

​​​ She talks less and you get a simple ding instead of OK following commands. I'd go berserk listening to her say OK as often as we use voice control...

Comment

I noticed this as well and asked Alexa about it. She said it was because she continues to learn...

I don't have mine setup in brief mode - tried it, but I like to hear OK as I walk out of the room..
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Are you getting OK before or after the command is executed.

Comment

About the same time or just before when the lights begin to change. The Ok is not tied to the successful action. It's more of an OK that Amazon acknowledges the voice command. Depending on your network speed and the type of your device, the round trip pretty much looks like it's acknowledgement to the device action itself.
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

nah me and my daughter noticed this too, its not just the words she sounds different now.
                HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

THANK YOU ALL! Now I know I am not just hearing things... I've looked but I have not found any announcements or notifications that Alexa would or has changed tone. Weird....

Comment

Working...
                  X