Anouncements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anouncements

I have an event that runs each morning. It mutes the TV then HS speaks the weather forecast and today's event, then unmute TV. The unmute is set with 45 second delay. Is there anyway for it to trigger after HS has done speaking instead of just having a set delay? Depending on forecast and event spoken sometimes 45 second is to much and sometimes not enough.

How to do something like that (and if it's easy or difficult) will depend on your hardware and how you control speech. Do you use a speech proxy? Do you turn your speaker on to speak, then off after the announcement is complete?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

This is my event

Attached Files

Comment

WHILE event is running MUTE. You could create a Virtual Device to represent your Event and do what you will with it.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
          This is my event
          I don't know of a way to do what you want within an event unless you run a speech proxy or control your speakers with a plug-in. Although I have no personal experience, I assume you could do it with a script, using the scripting function hs.IsSpeakerBusy to detect when the speaking is finished.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Isn't there a check box for "Wait to finish" on the speak command itself? That is what I use.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
              Isn't there a check box for "Wait to finish" on the speak command itself? That is what I use.
              Good catch. I assumed that box was checked, but looking at the screen shot again, it doesn't appear that it is.

Comment

Never even noticed that. Thanks i will give it a try tonight.

Comment

That didn't work. I assume that only works if you also check the "speak content of a file". My event speaks "text to be spoken"

Comment

I have BLSpeech installed and that has events that can be tracked for before speaking and after speaking. I have used this for some time and it works quite well for exactly what you are doing.
                    -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                      I have BLSpeech installed and that has events that can be tracked for before speaking and after speaking. I have used this for some time and it works quite well for exactly what you are doing.
                      Could you post a screenshot of your event.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post

Could you post a screenshot of your event.
                        You have to create a seperate event's that monitors the speech proxy. So when it is speaking then mute things and when it is stopped un-mute things.
                        IF BLSpeech: HomeSeer Prior to Speaking
                        IF BLSpeech: HomeSeer Done Speaking
                        So I had two events that mute the music (sonos) when HS is speaking and un-mute when done. The events are empty now because I recently moved and the Sonos system went with the house, so those devices are empty or I would have posted the event itself, sorry. But things ran great for ~12yrs using that event. Originally HS2 had another PI called IsSpeaking, now I use BLSpeech with HS3, but it does that same thing. So you can mute the TV whenever HS is speaking or any other device for that matter. Good Luck.
                        -Skybolt

Comment

Got it working thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X